German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if any of you mix 2 different kibbles together for your dogs. I’ve seen a few people do it which got me to be a bit curious. How beneficial would mixing 2 kibbles be? Currently feeding victor professional and was thinking of mixing it with taste of the wilds salmon pacific stream bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
863 Posts
Just curious if any of you mix 2 different kibbles together for your dogs. I’ve seen a few people do it which got me to be a bit curious. How beneficial would mixing 2 kibbles be? Currently feeding victor professional and was thinking of mixing it with taste of the wilds salmon pacific stream bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With my previous dog, I mixed 50/50 TOTW Pacific with Royal Canin GSD. He had EPI and it took me a while to find a food that would work with him, not to mention that he liked to eat. He was quite finicky. So after a long time of trying different brands, I finally found one that he liked, and it was a mixture of the 2. I had no choice.

The current dog is on Victor Professional. And he's satisfied with that. As long as he doesn't get any food allergies and has no other problems and he's heartily eating, then I'm not going to change it. I've gone through the dog that was "difficult" and I know what a pain that was so why mess with something that is working now? I've also contacted the food companies through emails and my vet about mixing foods and they all strongly suggested that I don't do it. They said if there's a problem with the dog that is related to the food, then you don't know which one is contributing to your dog's problem. For example all of a sudden your dog is getting the runs. How do you know if it's food A or food B? Also, with all the different minerals and vitamins you may be getting too much of one ingredient or not enough of another.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts