German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I was curious, I'm feeding my puppy ( 55 days old) 3 meals a day, no specific amount just as much as he eats, sometimes not a lot, and sometimes pretty well. I like giving him some milk or yogurt a bit (he doesn't eat a lot of yogurt) and he LOVES cheese and boiled eggs with olive oil (I rarely feed him these things though)

But he is kinda skinny at the waste, I'd like to fatten him a bit, maybe make him look a bit healthier and content, and hopefully enough nutrition to help his ears stand up quicker and easier; what do y'all suggest?

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
No milk but some yogurt or kefir ok.

Kibble is ok but there is a lot of variety in quality and you probably have different choices over there. It is worth more paying for premium brand with no corn, and with meat and/ or meat meals named first.

It is also possible to feed a homemade diet if you have ready access to meat...and meat scrap (dogs eat a lot more meat than we do)

This site has some good things to look for when analyzing a dog food (even though I am sure it won't list all your brands)

Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor

And this site has some good background info on ingredients in dog food-including a list of ingredients to avoid and why

The Dog Food Project - How does your Dog Food Brand compare?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts