German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure how many of you remember my thread from last year - but I'm almost ready to bring my girl home! I am so excited.

I will be getting her in May, so at 12 weeks. She's almost 8 weeks old but this month is going to be rather busy for me so the breeder and I decided it would be best to hold her back for a month so I will have plenty of time for her.

I plan on doing IPO and probably Nosework with her, but she will be my companion first and foremost.

So meet Kiba (pronounced Kee-ba), she is a female bi-color working line GSD born 2-15-2018 with her sire being mostly Czech & WG and the dam European & DDR.

(Credit for the photos goes to Christina Brown)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Adorable! Is she an extra fluffy stock coat? She looks fluffier than what I'm used to seeing.

Reactions: Kibs

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Kiba is beautiful and so very cute. Enjoy. I have to stop looking puppy fever might get me.

Reactions: Kibs

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome what a cutie!!!!
Thank you!! She's soo cute.

Welcome. She is a cutie
Thank you! She is :D

Adorable! Is she an extra fluffy stock coat? She looks fluffier than what I'm used to seeing.
Yes! She's actually a coatie. Neither of her parents are, but they do carry the gene. There was also a black coatie in the litter. But we'll have to see how long of a coat she ends up getting.

Adorable puppy! She is going to be stunning. I hope to see more pics as she grows up.
Thank you! I actually have a soft spot for coaties, but I had no idea she would end up the puppy that suited my needs best temperament-wise. I'm really super lucky to get her. I'll make sure to share plenty of pictures with you guys!

Kiba is beautiful and so very cute. Enjoy. I have to stop looking puppy fever might get me.
Thank you! She's a little bear :grin2:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Wow adorable!
x
How did you decide on the name "Kiba"? I like it!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Wow adorable!
x
How did you decide on the name "Kiba"? I like it!
Thank you!
Of course what really helped me decide on it is that I really like the clear & unique sound of it and it isn't a common name. But additionally Kiba is the name of a character in a story that meant a lot to me as I was growing up (The main character is a Wolf). It's japanese and means "fang" which I thought is awesome, especially since I plan to do IPO with her.
(I've put a lot of thought into this LOL)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The date is coming closer and closer!! I can't wait. I have already ordered her a nice tag but am waiting with the collar or she will grow out of it before I get the chance to put it on her! Here are some more shots, taken the same day as the first two I posted. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Thank you!
Of course what really helped me decide on it is that I really like the clear & unique sound of it and it isn't a common name. But additionally Kiba is the name of a character in a story that meant a lot to me as I was growing up (The main character is a Wolf). It's japanese and means "fang" which I thought is awesome, especially since I plan to do IPO with her.
(I've put a lot of thought into this LOL)

We named ours Mei after a Japanese cartoon we love also. Mei is the younger sister in My Neighbor the Totoro.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That is so exciting! Congratulations! Very cute. :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We named ours Mei after a Japanese cartoon we love also. Mei is the younger sister in My Neighbor the Totoro.
I love that movie so much <3 Haku (From Spirited Away) was one my top contenders if I ended up with a boy. Miyazaki is amazing.

That is so exciting! Congratulations! Very cute. :)
Thank you so much <3 She's my first dog so its been a crazy change in lifestyle over the last few days (I'm used to sleeping in late and going to bed super late) , I think I am slowly getting the hang of things though! First two nights I was not so amused. Still not super hyped at the idea of getting up at 7 am but... things are looking up. :grin2:
Her eyes have been tearing, but its been getting better as well and she's just all around a very sweet pup.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Thank you so much <3 She's my first dog so its been a crazy change in lifestyle over the last few days (I'm used to sleeping in late and going to bed super late) , I think I am slowly getting the hang of things though! First two nights I was not so amused. Still not super hyped at the idea of getting up at 7 am but... things are looking up. :grin2:
Her eyes have been tearing, but its been getting better as well and she's just all around a very sweet pup.
My dogs started out learning the fact that they had to wait for me to get up at 8 before they got to start their day. I am disabled and absolutely require 10 hours of sleep a night or it makes me sick. Of course I get up through the night to let them out to potty, but they were immediately put back in their crates again. They got used to it pretty quickly, and now they enjoy the extra sleep! If I get up before 8, they often keep sleeping for another 30 minutes or so.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My dogs started out learning the fact that they had to wait for me to get up at 8 before they got to start their day. I am disabled and absolutely require 10 hours of sleep a night or it makes me sick. Of course I get up through the night to let them out to potty, but they were immediately put back in their crates again. They got used to it pretty quickly, and now they enjoy the extra sleep! If I get up before 8, they often keep sleeping for another 30 minutes or so.
Oh wow!! I'm just not a morning person :( How did you get them used to the schedule? And at what time did you usually let them out to potty? I am suuper lucky because Kiba can actually hold it super well! I send her off to bed at around 10 & get up at 7 and she hasn't soiled her crate yet (i make sure she pees before though and restrict water)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kiba seems to be adjusting super well. She's very confident when it comes to objects and unnatural footing. A little bit weary when dogs & people are approaching but today was the first day where I really took her out for a longer outing so I'm sure she'll get the hang of things super quickly <3
She's already very well behaved and I am so so excited to see her mature. Her head already looks like she could be a full grown gsd imo haha

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts