German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to introduce everyone to the newest member of our family....KHALEESI.

she is 8 weeks old and huge. Sable just like her beast of a father. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trying to upload multiple pics on one post but don't work...maybe it's the 4g on my ipad. I'll post more when we get home from park. She don't like the leash cuz she pulls away.....any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
in your sig it says she was born 2 days ago lol, but you said she's 8 weeks old :)

She is adorable and I like the game of thrones reference, I almost named my puppy Khaleesi but decided it had too many syllables. Love it !

·
Registered
261 Posts
Dog

My little girl is Khaleesi too!!! :) You are in good company!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol. 3/3/13.

She scratches every now and then. Not often. But she is to young for those flea medicines. I was told to use regular flea powder, flea shampoo, or dawn?? Thx.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Lol. 3/3/13.

She scratches every now and then. Not often. But she is to young for those flea medicines. I was told to use regular flea powder, flea shampoo, or dawn?? Thx.
Are you sure she's scratching from fleas? Mine scratched when I first brought her home, I gave her a bath with gentle puppy shampoo (earthbath), added a little bit of salmon oil to her diet, and then she stopped itching and having flaky skin.

If it's actually fleas I'm not sure how to be much help :( I think dawn is too harsh, i'd get a puppy shampoo, check out this thread http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/basic-care/175235-ivory-dish-soap-shampoo.html

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
unless fleas are noted I wouldn't be concerned. They are going to increasingly itch as their thick adult guard hairs come in. My Berlin is 16 weeks now and he just goes crazy chewing at his stifles because that's where the fur is growing in now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
K. We were at petsmart and felt something in her coat.....turned out to be a tick. Small one but a tick none the less. Dawn? Powder? Ideas? Thx.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was not a flea. It was a tick. small one and then found another one later on in between her paw. just two total. But we do not want it to get worse...especially here in the hot Texas sun. I heard dawn dish soap will kill the ticks and put cocoa butter oil on her after so her skin does not get dried up....any idea on this? what flea/tick medicine actually works? thx.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haha love the name, we have a cute little border mix named Arya, and my wife has a cat named Daenerys. She wanted to name our GSD Tyrion but I thought that would have just been weird...So I named him after a German gun manufacturer instead.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ha. as long as ya'll did not named it Joffery......sorry if its a typo.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts