German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had some time before our herding lesson today so I took Kessy to the pond. I've been dying to get some video of her dock diving. Unfortunately I've been having some car trouble so the only toy I had was a fleece ball...which only lasted about 5 throws before it sank :(
It was her first time diving off the dock since last year but she remembered what to do!

Dock diving - YouTube

She's blowing coat like crazy right now, but the pond is so pretty, I couldn't resist getting a few pics!

She's such a hairy mess, and it's not exactly straight, but I love her watching the water in this one. It's hard to get her to look away, she's nuts about water!

When she gets bored (after her toy sank) she starts pawing/digging at the water along the shore - and she ends up pulling up huge rocks. I have to stop her before she picks them up, I don't want her to ruin her teeth!

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
She's beautiful!

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
She is beautiful! Probably a silly question, but how does each run start? I'm guessing she brings the ball back and then she sit stays at the beginning of the dock?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes - she brings the toy back and I send her back to the start of the dock and she goes into a sit or platz until I release her or throw the toy. I haven't taken her dock diving since last year, I think, but she remembered exactly what to do!

There was a boat sort of in the middle of the dock so she had to run around it and couldn't get as much speed as usual. The boat had filled up with rain - I tried to move it but it weighed a TON :(

·
Premium Member
11,316 Posts
Great pics!!! I bet she had a wonderful time!

Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts