German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My sister is in New Hampshire and says that there is a store that has heated/cooled kennels for people who want to bring their dogs with them, but don't want to leave them in the car. This is also supposed to deter people from 'accidentally' leaving their dog in a hot car. I've heard of a few places trying to get something in place at grocery stores, etc. Would any of you use something like this if it came to your area? I don't know if I would or not.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I would rather leave my dogs at home personally. It is a nice thought for those who would be interested in using the service

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
It is a nice idea though I would be concerned about infection/worms/fleas etc.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
They have these at Six Flags near my house, and a few small stores. I can honestly say NO. It stresses the majority of dogs out far worse than being left home would. And as Nancy pointed out, infections/worms/fleas and such are likely not moderated in all places. I know Six Flags requires proof of pets being UTD on vaccines, and flea/tick prevention. But I also know other smaller places that do not even bother to check.

·
Registered
79 Posts
This would be ideal for some of those people who drive across country (or several states) and take their small dogs with them.

I wouldn't use it if it was local but I can see the attraction having had a small dog in the past that went everywhere with me. However, I myself would not use this as I am picky who my pets are left with (usually no one but my trusted boarding lady and cat sitter).

As far as cleanliness and regulation, I would think that even being considered a part time boarding operation, that the facilities would still fall under the regulations for traditional overnight boarding facilities

1 - 9 of 9 Posts