German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had to put my 12 yr old shepherd down was from Zadain Vom Haus Seven looking at a pup from VON SHARTZER SHEPHERDS has anyone heard of this kennel are info thanks

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
The amount of linebreeding/inbreeding on these dogs has me thinking I would very much steer clear.

Triumpf Stasi

I don't see titles on their dogs other than PPD, which can mean just about anything. Yes, they do a lot of health testing, which is good. But the only time I've seen such heavy inbreeding on dogs was with the American show lines, and you know where THAT went! Hips, elbows, EPI, cardiac problems, mono/crypto orchids, mega-e, unstable temperaments, and the list goes on...

·
Registered
1 Posts
vonn shartzer gsd

We bought a puppy from Von Shartzer in early 2017. Our puppy passed away in December of 2018. He began to have seizures in May of 2018, Long story short, thousands of dollars later and an MRI revealed a malformation of the skull that was altering the brain growth. He passed away two days after his second birthday. I did contact them a few months later and was offered another pup. By then we had bought another from a breeder in Florida. Our neurologist said it most probably was a birth defect and could be a result from generations back.

[REMOVED PERSONAL INFO. REST OF CONVERSATION NEEDS TO BE TAKEN TO PRIVATE MESSAGE]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts