German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a welded wire kennel for my garage, im not sure what size to get it it will be for my male gsd. I saw k9kennel.com had some but saw a bad review on them, any help would be great and pictures of your kennels.

·
Registered
31,891 Posts
TSC has some Doc Bob Kennels that are about $300 on sale for a 5'x10' kennel. You can buy extra panels for $75 per. So for an extra $300 you can have a 10' x 15' kennel. Or better yet, Buy two kennels. $600. Inside the garage make it 5'x5' area, and outside the garage make it 5'x 15', buy an extra panel and make it 10'x15' outside, using the garage wall as one panel. And that will give you one gate panel inside the garage, and one gate panel outside the garage for ease in cleaning. You can get a doggy door that goes through walls for about $100 or less.

It is best if you put it on something they cannot dig under -- concrete pad works good. I suppose you could use tile blocks, but I haven't tried that. Six feet tall is generally high enough that they will not climb or jump out of. If necessary you can use horse fencing across the top.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Garage is good if you can make sure it does not get too hot has good ventilation (seeing you are in Miami..My garage in SC gets wicked hot in the summer, even though it is on the NE side of the house)

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
you can also buy panels 6x6 at Home Depot to connect and make whatever size kennel you'd like, the door panel same size, is higher in price, but not a bad deal

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
An air conditioned garage. Go figure!

A good thing about finding a local supplier is avoiding extreme shipping costs and verifying quality of build. There are a lot of pens out there with light guage wire I would not want.

·
Registered
31,891 Posts
I have been using the doc-bob kennel pannels for a couple of years now. So far they have not broken and the dogs have not gotten to one another through any fault of the kennels.

I am considering using them for the new kennels I am currently constructing. Right now, I am just using a few panels and gates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts