German Shepherds Forum banner

Kennel for club

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Nscullin 
#1 ·
I need a kennel for when I go to club. Any recommendations? It would not be used for transport as my girl rides inside of the truck. It will just be used for when we’re working another dog. I have a gunner kennel for my other dog, however I’m not looking to spend that much money. Gunner kennel was purchased bc of high anxiety. Any recs? Preferably airline approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Airline style crates are light weight (usually) so they can be easier to handle. Furrarri is not made any longer but it has several advantages including being easy to take apart and reassemble. Otherwise, any of the $100 or so ones -- ie whatever fits your budget. I know people have fancy expensive crates. I don't. I have two stashed at one club and two at home when I need them at a different site.

The two I bought new were something like $100, a more recently purchased used one was $45 and another was free. If you want to look spiffy, you will want something else. If you want to be practical (not always something dog folks are in to)....

#9 ·
Love my gunner kennel. Just can’t reason spending that kind of cash unless I have to. Definitely best way for them to travel though. Wish they were a few hundred dollars cheaper. The L is also pretty heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.