German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! We adopted Fedor last summer. He's the most awesome dog ever, and I want to make sure we give him the best retired life possible. Problem is, he doesn't seem to want to do anything! No, seriously, he just lays on his bed all day. I don't know if its because he's bored, unhappy, lazy, or if he's just that way. We try playing fetch and tug of war, but he usually quits after a couple of minutes and wants to go back to his bed. Every once in awhile he'll leave his bed, comes to get a few scratches on the head, and then goes right back. I want to think that after 8 years of service he just wants to chill out and relax, but I just don't know. He's 9 yrs old and I know GSDs live about 12-15 yrs roughly, but he's in good health, has a good appetite, and can still jump into the back of my truck. Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Since your Fedor is in good health, I agree with you that he may just want to relax and enjoy his well earned retirement. He does jump in back of your truck, so he may like going to different places. I would try to take him for walks and drives to different areas and see if he enjoys that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts