German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
He's been pretty sick the past couple days, I've kept in contact with the vet and if he doesn't hold food down today, he's going in tonight or in the morning. He's still wanting to play and walk and be active, but he cannot keep solids down, not even rice and chicken. And water - while he keeps some down - does get him to puke. It seems like it's at night that he's the sickest. I have no slept more than a wink since it started, I've been staying up for him every night so if he gets the feeling he needs out I take him right out - we've been camping in the front room.

He does NOT ever eat foreign objects. Never has, even as a puppy he was not even a real chewer. I can't get him to take pills, I have to crush them up. I had to switch him off Raw because he wouldn't eat organs and 'weird' meats even. He is so careful with eating bones, and he hasn't had any for a long time.

This started about six hours after I gave him his Comfortis. He's never gotten sick with it before, however, Aug. 2012 they did make changes to approve it for cats. Now, I did some researching and found that cats suffered these same symptoms - I haven't bought new comfortis since about this time last year. That is my only theory right now.

I'm also worried about a blockage. But, as I said, he never eats anything weird. For his sake, I hope it's not that. But we'll know soon.

I'm very worried about my little guy. :( I really really hope it's not a blockage and they don't have to open him up.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Sending positive thoughts that Jaeger feels better and it is easily remedied.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I hope it's nothing serious and he feels better soon!

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sparkles has been taking care of her little brother. She knows he's feeling bad.

He IS hungry. He perks right up at the mention of food, but he won't eat it right now because he knows it's going to make him sick. It' so pitiful.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't want to jinx us, but he's done a 180. He hasn't pooped yet today (not much to poop out I suppose) and I'll hold my excitement for that, but he's acting about 90% normal, great appetite, and hasn't puked since very early Tuesday morning.

He perked right up a little bit after I dosed him with dramamine to calm his tummy and give him a chance to keep something down, and made him take pedialyte. He was drinking throughout the day and held it down fine. I gave him a few small breakfasts this morning - a little plain yogurt, then small amounts of hamburger/rice slushie on the end of a spoon with the rest of the spoon filled with pedialyte. So he's had about 3/4 cup or more of just food and has held it down fine, his pee is a great color and he's hounding my for food constantly but I'm taking it super slow.

I think it's a little ironic that it's my birthday when he decided to get so much better, and he was birthday present four years ago. I've very relieved but, as I said, I'm waiting to see what his poop comes out looking like. I caught some in a bag yesterday and had a good look (oh, I know. The things we do for them) and saw absolutely no evidence of blood, not any mucus or anything but bad diarrhea.

·
Banned
599 Posts
I will be praying for him. I hope it passes completely and he never feels like it again. I send good thought to Jaeger, and hope he heals soon. Happy Birthday, BTW:)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Sib used to get really sick every time I gave her Comfortis..Since i got her off that she has been fine..That stuff is rank!!! Hope your pup is better soon..jan

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
So hope that your baby is continuing to improve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts