German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning was pretty eventful we both wake up at 5:00am to get ready for work. While I was brushing my teeth my wife brought Molly outside for her morning duties. As she opened the door my wife let out a scream of death and Molly started barking like crazy. I rushed over to see what all the commotion was and seen a baby skunk at the door. It was the cutess thing it took off and not to be seen again. Not sure what attracted this little fur ball to my door but thank god it didn't spray them!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
HAHA too funny!!! Poor little guy was too scared to stink!!! lol.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Somehow I don't think it will be back after that welcome :rofl:

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Depending on how little it was, it may not have had developed stink glands. Not sure when those mature...

They are cute little buggers when they are little though!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Depending on how little it was, it may not have had developed stink glands. Not sure when those mature..
Skunks are born with scent glands and are capable of spraying at a very young age. If this one was on its own, it would certainly be mature enough to spray.

MMM, if you do have skunks in your area, it might be a good idea to keep the ingredients for skunk remedy on hand. My daughter's GSD got skunked in her suburban back yard while going out for the last potty of the night. DD just made it to Shopper's Drug Mart for some peroxide minutes before closing. She was mortified to be there because she didn't know if she reeked herself or if the stink was just permanently in her nostrils! :sick:

Help! My Dogs Been Skunked!!, How to get skunk odor out of your dog

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Skunks make great pets as long as you de-skunk them lol. I agree they are very cute, but very curious. lol My best friends Dalmatian got sprayed by a skunk once she used to be white with black spots, but after that she was yellow with black spots and smelled sooo bad. I took forever to get the smell out of her and everything she touched after being sprayed lol

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
I rushed over to see what all the commotion was and seen a baby skunk at the door. It was the cutess thing it took off and not to be seen again. Not sure what attracted this little fur ball to my door but thank god it didn't spray them!
OMG, I hope you don't live to close to Selzer! :rolleyes:

Sorry Selzer, I couldn't resist.... ;)

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
A couple of years ago I was taking our last gsd Omy for a walk in the woods just before I left for the airport to catch a flight to a seminar for work. We got about 15 mins on the trail when out pops a skunk, Omy lunged at it, I lunged for her and you guessed it...we were engulfed in a haze of skunk!! I had to apologize to the people sitting next to me on the plane. Even though I took an odor remover bath treatment you could tell I had been skunked. But they are cute little buggers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts