German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I'm new and just starting my GSD search in the Kansas City area. I found this breeder and am wondering if anyone has experience or knows if they're legit....
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

"German Shepherds of KC"
germanshepherdsofkc is his website url.
"Jeff"

thank you-
-Michaela

·
Super Moderator
6,133 Posts
Well, no.

I’m not quite sure, because the wording is weird, but it appears they don’t register their litters?

·
Super Moderator
6,133 Posts
I can recommend a breeder in western Oklahoma if you are interested in looking out of the KC area. They health test and show their dogs.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Dogfaeries, they do not register their litters.

Quote:
"We do not just register litters with the AKC as most buyers are not going to breed. All sires and dams are fully registered and purebred with all AKC histories back 3 generations.
So, any one puppy could be AKC Registered. The costs are $27 in addition to the $500 cash per pup."

·
Super Moderator
6,133 Posts
Yeah. Well, no, lol.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I would say look elsewhere for a puppy, for sure. They just say the parents are registered, but do not give the full registered names for you to do your research. They do not discuss health testing at all, so you really wouldn't be stacking the deck in your favor as far as getting a healthy puppy goes.

·
Super Moderator
6,133 Posts
Yes, look for breeders that health test, and can show proof of hip and elbow results, as well as DM.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Malinda Weber is in Ottawa, KS so right around the corner from you.

Titled parents, health cleared and super, super dogs.

She is highly regarded in the sport and breed.

I have a 19m old female from her who is doing super in training and has a phenomenal temperament.

Weberhaus German Shepherds isher kennel.

·
Registered
42 Posts
^^^^I second this. Malinda was great when my daughter and I visited her kennel. Very happy to sit and explain many things to me, answer all questions, etc. I still have not purchased a GSD yet but she's top on the list.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts