1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She came to visit us the day we met:

Her first night with us, she is on th left:

And today:

Onyx is on the right, she has really grown since then!
I just happened to stop in the vet instead of calling and being placed on hold forever, and while making an appt. overheard the story of Kacie, she was there to be spayed. She was abandoned when owner moved away and the landlord found her and a cat after at least four days alone. Landlord had a rescue trying to place her, but no one wanted a long haired big dog... I was researching the shiloh's at the time(because of Gandalf the SAR dog), dreaming of having a long haired big GSD. When Kacie came out, I fell instantly in love! She was groggy, and cocked her head at me when I told her how pretty she was. When they shaved her, they found her spay scar, so she didn't have to go thru surgery. I adopted her two days later, and never regretted it for a second. I took the dogs to be chipped the next day and Kacie had one already implanted, so I was able to get her real name and her date of birth from that. So we get to celebrate her actual birthday! Dreams do come true!

G

·
0 Posts
What a wonderful story! Thanks so much for sharing it! I can't understand how anybody could've done that to her least of all after going to the effort of chipping her and spaying her. Kacie still won thanks to you though!

·
Registered
27,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am her third home, not including the breeder or the landlord. The second one is the one who abandoned her. I tried to get in touch with the first one thru vet(three hrs. north) which micro-chipped her and phone was disconnected -google had no info on the name either. 1st owner does owe vet $$ for spay and shots. I found out a few months ago that the second owner is now in prison for a long time...I was luckily at my vet at the right time:))

·
Registered
601 Posts
Happy Birthday Kacie

I am thankful you found a good home

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day Kacie!! She is soooo beautiful!!

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day Kacie!!!

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Originally Posted By: onyx'girlI was luckily at my vet at the right time:))
It was fate, Kacie has found her forever home and I'm sure couldn't be happier.
Happy Birthday sweet girl.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts