German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for feedback on this course. Do you have to subscribe and do a yearly fee or can you just do the 6 week elite obedience course. This would be in American dollars for me, was it worth it ?? Any feedback is welcome please.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's a one time fee for access to the off leash course for 1 year.

I'm taking the course if you want more specific information I will answer what I can.
Did you go through the off leash course in 6 weeks?

Is the material each week a reasonable amount for each week or does it seem like too much or too little?

Do you feel like it was worth the money?

Are the lessons easily applicable to an urban environment? Most sheild k9 videos I’ve seen are him training dogs in a farm type setting.

Has your dog gotten better as a result of the training? Do you trust him off leash around other people and dogs?

Did you happen to get the reactive dog course as well and if so was that worth it?

Im thinking about getting the reactive dog course and off leash course. Sorry for all the questions, any insight you can provide will be helpful. My sense is it’s a good course.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

- No. I'm taking a 5 yr old through. Learning with this dog has taken so much for me. I've tried to find a trainer. I've taken from alot of sources, learned by trial and error....lots of error. I have had to learn what structure and leadership is and means. He is a what's in it for me dog. I helped making him mulish. We have some bad habits long practiced. Fixing bad handling. I'm always making progress.

This course idk I guess helped me connect some dots. It's embarrassing to have been trying to getting a reliable dog for 5 years.

I'm getting understanding, speed, and generalization. While creating obligation and keeping him motivated. Our play is better. Engagement and respect building.

I could put pressure on him and go faster. I've historically had to use pressure to get him to do everything. So much so that he sort of relies on pressure. I'm figuring it out and catching more bees with honey with him right now.

I've focused alot on loose leash walking. Years of bad habits. I learned how to use the prong. I can walk him now. I purchased the reactivity course he won't need it. This course along with a video from Michael Ellis play with food and tug making good progress. I like what I'm seeing and he is working with me. Plus he has matured and finally likes me. He hasn't been an easy dog for me.

I'm also taking a rescue through the process who if I was capable of moving faster could nail the course in 6 weeks. Very easy dog, eager to please and learns super fast. Fun little dog. He isn't reactive, off switch, clear headed easy to engage and sticks close to me.

Is the material each week a reasonable amount for each week or does it seem like too much or too little?

Yes it's reasonable you can move at your own pace.

Yes definitely.

Are the lessons easily applicable to an urban environment? Most sheild k9 videos I’ve seen are him training dogs in a farm type setting.

Yes. What I find challenging is getting away from home. Haz has distracting environment in his back yard.
It's up to you to generalize the behavior and proof it.

Has your dog gotten better as a result of the training? Do you trust him off leash around other people and dogs?

Absolutely. No, I don't trust either off leash away from home yet. On leash both doing well.

Did you happen to get the reactive dog course as well and if so was that worth it?

I did however it doesn't appear that I will need it. Apex has always been dog reactive. Correcting the reactivity, getting clear on my expectations and knowing how and what to do seems to be what was needed.

·
Registered
163 Posts

- No. I'm taking a 5 yr old through. Learning with this dog has taken so much for me. I've tried to find a trainer. I've taken from alot of sources, learned by trial and error....lots of error. I have had to learn what structure and leadership is and means. He is a what's in it for me dog. I helped making him mulish. We have some bad habits long practiced. Fixing bad handling. I'm always making progress.

This course idk I guess helped me connect some dots. It's embarrassing to have been trying to getting a reliable dog for 5 years.

I'm getting understanding, speed, and generalization. While creating obligation and keeping him motivated. Our play is better. Engagement and respect building.

I could put pressure on him and go faster. I've historically had to use pressure to get him to do everything. So much so that he sort of relies on pressure. I'm figuring it out and catching more bees with honey with him right now.

I've focused alot on loose leash walking. Years of bad habits. I learned how to use the prong. I can walk him now. I purchased the reactivity course he won't need it. This course along with a video from Michael Ellis play with food and tug making good progress. I like what I'm seeing and he is working with me. Plus he has matured and finally likes me. He hasn't been an easy dog for me.

I'm also taking a rescue through the process who if I was capable of moving faster could nail the course in 6 weeks. Very easy dog, eager to please and learns super fast. Fun little dog. He isn't reactive, off switch, clear headed easy to engage and sticks close to me.

Yes it's reasonable you can move at your own pace.

Yes definitely.

Yes. What I find challenging is getting away from home. Haz has distracting environment in his back yard.
It's up to you to generalize the behavior and proof it.

Absolutely. No, I don't trust either off leash away from home yet. On leash both doing well.

I did however it doesn't appear that I will need it. Apex has always been dog reactive. Correcting the reactivity, getting clear on my expectations and knowing how and what to do seems to be what was needed.
Awesome, Thank you for sharing your exp with the course, very helpful

1 - 7 of 7 Posts