German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beloved SAR partner passed away last week.

Nancy, I appreciated your offer to come observe your team training, and once I am ready to get another dog I will take you up on that, because I think scent specific is definitely the way I will go if I do this again.

Thank you everyone for your advice and encouragement along the way. I was so proud of him when we certified. Although we never got to go on a "real search," I think Diego thought every training he got to go on a ton a real searches, so I take some comfort in that thought.

Jennifer

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Jennifer I am so sorry for your loss of your partner. There are no words that explain this loss. Please take care.
Maggi

·
Registered
250 Posts
SO very sorry for your loss. I am sure Diego thought every training session was the real deal and worked super hard to please you just the same. May you find comfort in your memories.

·
Super Moderator
16,483 Posts
Jennifer I am so very sorry for your loss of Diego. :(. I know the bond with a working partner is so special and deep ...... it was like part of my soul was ripped out when I lost Grim.

Would love to get together when you do. You have a great team! You are welcome to come over before that as well. We have some new air scent dogs in training and some folks who are wanting to tighten up the criteria after they went through some interesting new challenges at CSAR.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts