German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Not sure but my breeder recommended K9 Advantix if I preferred to use a commercial solution. However, she also cautioned on yearly use when in the off season. One of her comments that concerned me is that the liquid in these tick/flea medicine is strong enough to take off nail polish. She honestly prefers other more natural methods which I honestly don't recall as I trust the commercial stuff.

With all that said I am using Vectra 3D which seems to work well. Just another option that is out there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought it for the first time. I've always bought frontline in the past, but this one enticed me with all the claims. I haven't noticed any Mosquitos near him yet, but he doesn't stay out very long either.

·
Registered
586 Posts
i tried it a couple times and it worked well, but wolf got wierd on it...he would be depressed, lethargic, and angry. i switched to frontline plus. i do know people who use k9 advantix and love it.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Yes it works but my vet said that it is very dangerous. She said that she has seen several dogs that have had seizures from it. She said that even if you discontinue using it in the dog that had a seizure that dog may still have seizures if he lays next to a dog that is using Advantix.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I have used Advantix on all my dogs and never had a problem....
I don't use it year round....just March through October.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts