German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have some sort of K-9 sticker on their vehicle?

I was thinking of getting one for my trucks to one, show I possibly have a K-9 with me in the event of a wreck, and also let the public know there is possibly a K-9 in my truck and to maybe steer folks away from petting my dog when I'm not around.

I see a lot of "K-9 Unit" stickers but I dont want to come off as a cop so I'd rather stay away from such words. Anyone try have this going on?

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
I have a ribbon style magnet that says I <3 My GSD on it. :D

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i've been looking at a sticker that says,"Caution, over protective German Shepherd on board. Stay back". But theres other i would consider as well. generally as long as "they" know there may be a large dog on board such as a German Shepherd, people tend to stay clear.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have a vinyl cutout of a GSD on my rear window, my uncle makes custom car graphics and was nice enough to make one for me, i'll have to snag a picture of it.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I have one on my van CAUTION K9. I asked for the sticker that does NOT say "police" or "unit". I put it on there because with weather like we have right now I have dogs in my van at work so I can take them out on breaks or before or after work to train and track on the property where I work. That way no one can look in and call security because there's dogs in the van. Duh! The sticker says so. I didn't want to come off as a cop either (not that any real law enforcement units are driving Mazda MPVs) so I have a few other GSD/dog stickers on there as well. I figure that makes it obvious I'm a dog trainer/enthusiast not a cop. No one has ever mistaken the vehicle as a law enforcement vehicle (I base this on how people drive, I figure if they thought I was a cop they would not pass me going 95mph).

http://vankelderdogs.dutchbingo.net/gear.html#van

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
My Jeep has "Caution Working Dogs" on the hard top glass. I figure it's vague enough to describe a whole bunch of different dog activities. People can't reach in to pet, anyway, since the glass doesn't open. When we're at events, I have a wire crate in the back and just have the back glass open.

I also have a spare tire cover that says "Caution Working Dogs" but don't currently have it on my Jeep.

·
Registered
29,131 Posts
I put it on there because with weather like we have right now I have dogs in my van at work so I can take them out on breaks or before or after work to train and track on the property where I work. That way no one can look in and call security because there's dogs in the van. Duh! The sticker says so.
Me too!!! :D Ever since the weather got cooler Cisco has been coming with me to work. I can let him out several times through out the day and then go straight to the field after work for some training. :)

I didn't want to come off as a cop either (not that any real law enforcement units are driving Mazda MPVs) so I have a few other GSD/dog stickers on there as well. I figure that makes it obvious I'm a dog trainer/enthusiast not a cop. No one has ever mistaken the vehicle as a law enforcement vehicle (I base this on how people drive, I figure if they thought I was a cop they would not pass me going 95mph).
People actually mistake me with a cop all the time before I put the kennel logos. I used to see them come down flying on the highway, as soon as they spotted me, they would slow down and get behind me. :rofl: It would happen every time! But then again, there are a lot of Suburbans out there used by cops/FBI/etc.

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
It's been very nice, having the puppy at work instead of having to go home! Plus since I work on a college campus, he is getting TONS of socialization and we're practicing all sorts of stairs, elevators, bridges, crosswalks...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My suv the back window is often open. The other three justhave rolldown windows.

Wondering how thatd look on a new white tahoe.

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
If you just want text, any place that does vinyl lettering can make them for you and they're not terribly expensive. (I think I paid $20 for my text.) A lot of the online decal manufacturers will also do custom pieces if you send them the graphics. On our past vehicle (the Escape) we had custom window decals I had made.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Silly question, can you remove it and apply to a new car or if you get a new vehicle you have to get new decals?

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
I got my CAUTION K9 from EliteK9, I think it was $12.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts