German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been awhile since I have been here. THought I would drop a line and let everyone know that the crazy Sashapup is still alive and kicking. She is almost four. Crazy how time flies.

She is doing well. Still has a HUGE amount of energy but she is a really good girl as long as we run her. There is nothing better then going for a three mile run, running your butt off and looking down at your dog who is pratically walking! Sampson, our Shar-pei, is her best friend. The two love to rough house and hate being seperated. They like to guard the house from the neighborhood cats from our front windows.

Poor girl is in a cone collar because she got a hematoma in her ear this weekend. It appeared suddenly and got big quickly. We are not even sure how she got it as she didn't have an ear infection nor was she shaking. She does have bad seasonal allergies and I did see her scratching her ear. Vet said it could have been from rough housing as well. Her ear is taped to the top of her head for now and we have to go see the vet in a few weeks. We don't think her ear is going to stand up again but that is ok cause we love her reguardless of her crazy ways.

Anyway, not much else to tell. We are hoping for a new baby soon and not a furbaby this time.

Amanda and the mutts

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Welcome back, hope just regular life kept you away and everything is fine.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are great despite the hematoma debacle this weekend...which may I add occurred on my husband's 30th birthday. Happy Birthday Honey!!

I was looking at some old pictures when I came across the ones with Sasha laying on top of my couch. I remembered how intense she was as a puppy that someone here recommended that I give her away if I weren't able to keep up with her. If I were not as stubborn as I am that may have been good advice. I just think about how much the experience of having her will help me later on in life.

You know people come to me and talk about how they want a German Shepherd. While I love the breed and would recommend it to anyone willing to put in the work, I give them a long talking to about how much work a GSD can be and how they need strong leadership, a lot of exercise and training.

We are on a break from agility. I had shoulder surgery in May. I was planning on going back to agility this month but now I need to wait for her ear to heal. Looks like we won't be competing until next year now. I swear she and I will run a competition one of these days!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts