German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow. Why didn't I start this sooner? LOL I've had this clicker pretty much since I brought Ozzy home, I just never put it to use. WHY???

I was teaching him shake, left and right paws. (I had to restart, because I'm a dummy and started off with MY left and right...). I got some pretty funny looks from people walking by because I was apologizing to him for being stupid. Haha.

Then I worked more on come/wait/come.

Then I worked on him waiting with me walking away from him. (Before, I'd have to walk away facing him or he'd follow me).

Then while I was about 40 ft away from him, I'd throw his ball and make him wait before giving him a release command to go get it.

I think there's something magical in those clickers, 'cause it's just not normal for a dog to learn that fast. :crazy:

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I love clicker training. Dodger picks up on things a whole lot faster vs teaching him with no marker; a verbal marker doesn't work as well as the clicker. Molly even loves the clicker now that she's not afraid of it.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
(i had to restart, because i'm a dummy and started off with my left and right...). I got some pretty funny looks from people walking by because i was apologizing to him for being stupid. Haha.
hahaha!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts