German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt get my little girl athena who is 4 months to do anything for her old treats and training her to even sit was impossible. So today I was in petsmart and saw these Pet Botanics® Mini Training Rewards for Dogs - Sale - Dog - PetSmart
Athena wasnt to interested to do anything for a treat, I have tried 5 different brands.

Finally today I bought thought sense they were 2 bucks, and i bought a clicker for 1.49.

Within 30 minutes she has accomplished the command sit, down, and high five, to where she does it everytime you say it now.

So if anyone has a petsmart near them these treats are great, she will do anything to get me to give her one of them. Only being 2 bucks for 200 of them can't really go wrong. Nothing else worked to get her hyped up enough to wanna do what i say till I bought these. She now stays focused and does as I command to get her treat any other treats i use to use she just didnt care to much for.

·
Registered
482 Posts
That's awesome. I've been looking for some good, small treats to use for training. (The price tag helps too!)

Thank you for your information.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's awesome. I've been looking for some good, small treats to use for training. (The price tag helps too!)

Thank you for your information.
Yeah I knew they were great when I got her to sit still in the bath tub during a bath with them.

Hopefully your dog will like them this much as well, from the reviews on the petsmart site seems a lot of people have had success with them.

·
Registered
766 Posts
We used to get the little beef training ones but he just swallowed them whole so we switched over to the salmon ones for a little while. He loved them a ton and they definitely have a strong smell to get their attention. :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
For safety ( I know, I'm a downer ;) ) check the bag for where they are made.

There has been so many issues with pet treats, I'm always leery of them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For safety ( I know, I'm a downer ;) ) check the bag for where they are made.

There has been so many issues with pet treats, I'm always leery of them.
the ones i linked in the OP are made in the USA which is another main reason I gave them a try when I saw them.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I recently tried pet botanics food rolls with great success, you can try those out too! Looks like a rolled sausage, cut up and store in fridge.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Cool! Thanks for sharing about the sale. I bought 10 each of chicken, beef, and bacon. Total was $59.70 before tax, so free shipping. Restocking on training treats has been on my to-do list all week!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Kratos loves his "Grump's Naturals" its made in Canada (i'm canadian) and at petsmart is 9.98 CND. Our vet sells it for 8.98 so we just buy it there. Anyways, it comes in a variety of different flavours and is dehydrated liver! Our cats are actually fond of it too (Kitten tore open the bag and stole a piece). Plus its great. I just snap off a small piece and one chunk will last several different training sessions, just enough to give him a taste.

It was the ONLY treat he'd eat at first now he's not so picky, but it was great to find a treat he loved. We have the garlic flavour, and thankfully he doesn't get horrible gas from it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah seeing these I couldnt pass up the try for 2 bucks for 200 treats. Well worth it seeing my dog loves them and will now stay focused when she knows I have them during training sessions.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Emma did not like them ( she was given some in training class the other day) (we were comparing treats before sharing our dogs around) - probably the chicken liver.

I tried to give her some chicken liver cooked the other day but turned her nose up. She gobbled up the heart and gizzard, but left the liver. She finally did eat it a bit later.

The one treat that Emma does love is Zukes wild rabbit (she does a whole body wiggle waiting for them) - the others are OK, but she knows the difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts