German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made a 2 hour drive today to a shelter that had a GSD scheduled to be PTS today. trip was totally worth it. the people at the shelter told me that the owner left him in a drop box on the 22nd and they usually give them a week. made it there with a couple hours to spare. he was super mellow and came and sat right next to me in the fenced area they had where you can meet the animals. as he was sitting there looking at me the lady says "i probably shouldnt tell you this but he was going to be put to sleep today." it told her it didnt make any difference because i was taking him anyways.

now i have to wait till wednesday at 4 to pick him up from the vet.

absolutely the most handsome dog ive ever seen.

unfortunately, the only picture i have of him is the one the shelter took because the memory card for my camera got submitted to evidence the other night. ill go buy a new one and take plenty of pictures wednesday when i pick him up.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=10943900

tomorrow im going by the pet store and buying everything they have

hes going to be spoiled rotten.

·
Super Moderator
7,754 Posts
thats so awesome. best of luck & i hope he turns out to be everything a gsd should be and everything you imagine

any ideas for names?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
AWWWWWWWWW! I love a story like that!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
what a cute
. I am so happy you managed to find the GSD dog you have been looking for, and saved his life too in the knick of time. I hope he turns out to be everything you image. You should go look at your other post you made about your 12 hour shift I put in a suggestion for you that might be of some help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i work a zone now closer to where i live so i should be able to let him out most nights.

as for names, im thinking "Echo". still unsure though.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Congratulations!!! I hope that everything turns out as you hoped. Can't wait for more photos.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally Posted By: AnnaRileyCheck on him daily to see that he is really where he is. I have seen paperwork get messed up in rescue from shelters.
hes sitting at the shelter until his vet visit on wednesday when i pick him up.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I can't wait to see pictures of him once he has been sprung.

Best of luck to both of you.

God bless.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Well to me he is gorgeous even behind the gate! Thank you so much for rescuing!!

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Wonderful save. I hope you both create tons of great memories together!!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Aww! Congratulations!!
Can't wait to see more photos

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
picked him up today. hes still a little groggy from all the medicine and pain killers but hes coming around. with the surgery, baths, and the ride home, hes quite confused im sure but hes just laid down for a nap so all is well.

the water that was coming off him was rust colored from all the flea poop. my car is covered in them. nasty lil bugs. vet gave him a pill to kill them all and i got some frontline put on him.

hes quite handsome.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts