German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
That is fantastic! It is so much fun to do stuff like that with our dogs. The Jack Russel I used to have (my screen name namesake) went 11 miles through Saddle River Park in NJ ( A nice loop). I was on rollerblades and she easily pulled me a little over half of the trip all together.

How far are you up to? Really cuts down on the nail trimming chore too lo

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is fantastic! It is so much fun to do stuff like that with our dogs. The Jack Russel I used to have (my screen name namesake) went 11 miles through Saddle River Park in NJ ( A nice loop). I was on rollerblades and she easily pulled me a little over half of the trip all together.

How far are you up to? Really cuts down on the nail trimming chore too lo
Wow you had a jack russel pull you all that way! I would have loved to see that, I've always heard those little guys are power houses lol. G doesn't go very far since he's still very young under 2 yrs old. We go about a mile, he poops out quick and he ends up doing a slow trot most the time, sometimes he just walks. I have a hard time getting him to pull, we worked hard on leash obedience so he thinks he's not supposed to lol and he's very mellow. The bikes sometimes get him going though with a "GO GET EM!" from me :laugh2:

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
JRTs are nuts that way! I should add that back then I was a massive 110 lbs and had X Country rollerblades with big wheels and ABEC 5 bearings (best at the time)lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts