German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems like it has happened over 3 weeks. Maturity. Boom. He is becoming his father's son. Very serious dog. Seriously lol

It is much like kids. If you're not watching you will miss it. One day they just aren't doing this cute kid thing or that cute kid thing, and you have a young adult on your hands :)

Could not ask for a better family dog. He LOVES IPO, but has a great off/home switch. Plays with my kids and their friends, doesn't jump on them, lets them run him through his commands happily and curls up on the couch with them when they are relaxed.

I was worried I bit off more than I could chew with him at first, but it all turned out great. Very happy with this dog :)

·
Super Moderator
4,686 Posts
gorgeous. I do miss puppy antics sometimes. Glad your boy loves IPO. It can be a great outlet for you both. Training and talking to like minded dog people and seeing wonderful dogs work, it's all good.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Funny you started this post Luna has turned a corner with the maturity level as well. Still a puppy at 7.5 months but she now will sleep with my wife when I'm not home and when I say sleep I should say gaurd, she doesn't actually pass out like r golden retriever who will not get up for anything. Luna learning better as well. Btw the boy is beautiful and very german shepherd looking.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...and he has a very kissable face.
That is his least favorite thing to have happen to him lol He is a snuggler, but not found of kisses. He GIVES them, licks, but he does not like people smoochies or his head hugged. No growling or anything, he just turns his head. So we respect that. :)

Thanks for all the compliments everyone :)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice looking German shepherd. Did you use a trainer ?
Thank you!

When I first got him at 6 months old, he was being defensive and lunging (and was like 68 lbs already) so I did get a trainer that knew his lines, basically to assess and tell me if there was a nerve issue that would be too much for my lifestyle. Best thing I did, all was well just needed some boundaries and confidence exercises..he has finished great. Fits into our lives perfectly. For IPO, I go to club and we have a great training director. He coaches/trains YOU how to train your dog. So yes and sort of. I certainly take advantage of skilled guidance. I also have a good friend/mentor that I go to IPO with.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Thank you!

When I first got him at 6 months old, he was being defensive and lunging (and was like 68 lbs already) so I did get a trainer that knew his lines, basically to assess and tell me if there was a nerve issue that would be too much for my lifestyle. Best thing I did, all was well just needed some boundaries and confidence exercises..he has finished great. Fits into our lives perfectly. For IPO, I go to club and we have a great training director. He coaches/trains YOU how to train your dog. So yes and sort of. I certainly take advantage of skilled guidance. I also have a good friend/mentor that I go to IPO with.
Where do you rptrsin for IPo ?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
What a handsome and masculine fellow. The males build is as different as bulls are from cows.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts