German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just bought I german shepherd puppy and the AKC papers were faked. I did not see the parents. That was my first mistake. I should know if something sounds too good to be true it is. I just feel so stupid. I have learned my lesson for sure. I think the puppy is only about 4wks old and the date on the AKC papers say she should be 8wks. I thought she looked small for her age. I did get in contact with someone else who purchased a puppy from the lady. I hope that there is something we can do. I question now if she is even full blooded. I will attach a pic tell me what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Hard to tell but she does in look like she is PB. Love her no matter what.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
What makes you think she's 4 weeks? And how did you know the papers are fake?

She looks mixed but if she's really 4 weeks then I don't know. I haven't seen enough 4 week pups to say for sure.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put in the registration numbers to the parents from the AKC paper work and nothing showed up. The lady that bought a puppy also spoke to someone from AKC. The address and everything is fake on the paperwork. I think she is 4wks because she is so small and she can not walk good. She weighs 6lbs. She could just be small because she is possibly mixed. She does look bigger in the pic. Regardless we still love her.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
She looks PB. it is possible to have a smaller pup. my 8 week old pup was 8lbs when he came home.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
That's about how big my pup looked at 8 weeks old. How much does he weigh? I believe my male was like 9 pounds when i first got him home.

EDIT: Just saw your other post where you said 6 pounds. Maybe she is a little less than 8 weeks, but I don't think she's 4 weeks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks purebred to me. Assuming it is PB, I do agree that looking back at my pup pics, it seems to be about 4 to 5 weeks old.

·
Registered
30,381 Posts
If the papers are fake, then this is fraud. Contact the police and look into pressing charges.

·
Registered
478 Posts
At four weeks she should definitely still be with her mother and nursing. She needs all those good antibodies from her mother's milk. If she is truly four weeks, be very careful about her vaccinations and watch her health closely!! Look at her teeth. It is the easiest way to tell her approximate age. By 8 weeks all her teeth back to her premolars should be in. If she is truly only 4 weeks you will probably only see her canines or maybe the tips of her incisors.

She is absolutely adorable no matter what her mix is, but she looks pretty pure to me.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would just take them to small claims court and get a judgement for the price you paid for the dog. There really isn't much else you can do, unless the authorities are willing to investigate cases of multiple fraud.

·
Premium Member
11,131 Posts
The photo looks like a purebred pup...and older than 4 weeks - maybe 6....did AKC tell you there is no litter registration???

Lee

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
whatever you do, please take her to the vet and get her started on good nutrition.

She looks like a GSD to me.

·
Banned
31,833 Posts
That is a GSD. I see nothing else. Arwen was 6 pounds when I got her and just under 6 weeks old. The pup could be 7-8 weeks old, and just small, she may have something going on. Might have had a slow start. Check the teeth. She looks older than 4 weeks.

I do not understand what you mean by the paperwork being faked. Where did you put the sire and dam's numbers? This is odd. Are you sure there just isn't some sort of mistake? Did you contact the breeder and ask her?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I put the akc registration number online where you can search and nothing showed up. I then tried by the parents names and nothing came up. I was told parents were in a different city and she was the trainer of the dogs. I called the phone number on the AKC papers and it is disconnected. I have tried to contact the seller and she is not answering her phone. I am sure this is not her first time scamming people. The other lady that bought a puppy is going to the police Monday to see if anything can be done.

·
Premium Member
11,131 Posts
Do you have an AKC registration application???? or just a piece of paper with the info on it???? If you have an official application, chances are it is good...if you don't - well then, who knows!

Lee

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I had 3 puppies in my house at 6 weeks. One was 6 pounds and the other 2 wereclose to 8 pounds. My puppys sister looked just like yours.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Akc doesnt mean anything, there is no standard for akc, just that the parents were registered with akc. You have a great looking dog, my guess is that its a gsd. And its not 4 weeks, how much does it weigh?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts