German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The day finally came last Thursday and I picked up Roki! We have been having a great time together and she is already potty trained/goes to the door when needing to use the restroom...I have been crating her at night and she does fine and only gets up once to use the restroom, doesn't cry or anything when shes put in there....I have to go back to work tomorrow and am starting to worry...I goto work at 7, come on for lunch at 11 and am finished at 4...I plan on getting up at 5 playing her down till 6, crating her around 6:15-11....11 take her out of the crate play a little with her and feed her then back in the crate from 12-4....Is this a good schedule? Also, I give her a raw chew during the day that is new and large so she doesn't choke...I will not be doing that tomorrow but please give me advise/opinions on what I need to do...(I didn't think I would become so in love with her so quickly but I think I am doing the right thing and need reassurance)

Thank You!!

Attachments

·
Registered
492 Posts
The dog needs to stay out of trouble when you're at work, so he is in a crate. He also needs a potty break, which you will give him at 11. Other than that, its all up to you. Create a schedule that will work for you. The dog will be fine.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Get her a kong and fill it with peanut butter and freeze it that would be better than a rawhide for her. Your crating schedule is fine as long as it works for you and her. You are doing the right thing by crating her when you are not around. Puppies need boundaries and they can get themselves into a lot of trouble if not crated when you are gone so don't feel bad about it. You are doing a good job! Just remember a Kong is better for her instead of a rawhide. :)

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
yes, I agree..I never feed my dogs rawhides but they love their kongs and peanut butter. I also leave the TV on soap operas since they are full of talking it makes them think people are there or orchestra music.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
it shouldn't mess with her tummy, well I use natural peanut butter, but still its peanuts in a ball. she will be licking it slowly not able to gobble it down. you could try a small amount and see how she is. It's only a spooning in the hole of the kong.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I gave in tonight and went ahead with the frozen kong....Need to get some stuff d} around the house and run around town for a few...heres to hoping this works

1 - 7 of 7 Posts