German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucas is almost a year and a half old and he is a mix between German Show lines (mother) and Czeck (father). His pedigree is: http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/pedigree/602450.html

I know these shots aren't the best, but I'm curious as to what people think of him - I've been told his face resembles more the showline and his body is more working line. From a distance he looks more black and tan, but you can kind of see from these pictures that he has a sable sadle. Plus, any thoughts on his overall structure would be cool to hear.

Head shot:

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Nice dog. I am no judge so not so able to critique. His structure looks very much like his sire's if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Awe, I am not an expert, but I think he is gorgeous. I can't tell you what he leans more towards though, as far as the Showlines and what not, but others here will know and will chime in soon enough!

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Gorgeous boy! I am no expert but Gianna sends kisses to her older half brother!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And Lucas sends them right back to pretty Gianna - big wet sloppy kisses!!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I love his colors and pattern!

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
he's absolutely gorgeous,,he looks like my first gsd Jake:))

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone.

Diane, I'd love to see a picture of your Jake!

Another question - what color would you call him, black and tan, or sable? His back is sable, but the color pattern makes him look more black and tan.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Originally Posted By: vectorSketcherAwe, I am not an expert, but I think he is gorgeous. I can't tell you what he leans more towards though, as far as the Showlines and what not, but others here will know and will chime in soon enough!
Agree...no idea about the lines, but he is a good looking dog!

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I'd call him black and red:)))),,,i'll see if I can scan a pic in of my old boy Jake,,

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
What a handsome boy!!

His face is so very expressive!!

I just want to kiss his loving and kind face!!

Tanya

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I would also call him black and red, I think the "sable" in his saddle is jsut undercoat showing through. Could be wrong though as there are patterned sables, and with pictures it is hard to tell.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is kind of a crazy picture, but it's a close up of his back which I think shows the sable pattern. It is hard to see, but each hair has tan underneath and black at the tips.

But his belly is all just tan and from a distance, and in pictures, it is really tough to see the sable. I know there was a post not too long ago all about sables, but I can't find it now.

I appreciate all the compliments! I'm pretty partial too him!

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/pedigree/133576.html

Looks a lot like that guy as far as the markings go. I would not be surprised if yours is indeed a sable. If so, what a drop dead GORGEOUS sable! Hey, even if he is black and tan he is beautiful. No comment right now on structure. Hopefully lhczth (Lisa Clark) or Chris Wild will comment on the color type but my vote is for sable.

Do you do any schutzhund with him?

·
Registered
27,245 Posts
I say he is a patterned sable without a doubt. And Karlo sends his 1/2 bro a deep wuuf!

He certainly has the mix of show and working in his structure, but I think the showline dominates. How is his drive?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Diana - that dog is so handsome! I can kind of see where he might have a simular color pattern. Lucas had gone out to the Schutzhund field a few times when he was younger, but we weren't sure he would be cut out for the protection work. We've been taking OB classes together and I've done some tracking with him. He is very pushy with his nose!

Jane - Lucas sends a big woof right back! He is more driven by food than toys or tugs, takes after his mother that way.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Most definitely a patterned sable! He is LOVELY!

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Wow wow wow!!! I want!!

He looks sable to me, beautiful red sable!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts