German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the housing estate where I live. My puppy loves to be outside all the time and shepherds on the restricted breeds list here; meaning, that they have to be muzzled also.

How can you keep your dog on a lead without it tangling in their legs etc.?

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
By teaching it to heel? I don't mean to be flippant, but the only time my dogs get tangled is when they have freedom to zoom around and do what they please. When they are walking with good leash manners, self-tangling is pretty rare.

You didn't say the age of your pup, but if it's old enough, perhaps it's time to start gently teaching leash manners?

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think the OP is referring to a tie out chain or something. I have never tethered one so I cannot offer any advice, hopefully someone else can comment.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
OP if you mean tying the dog outside of your home then there is no fool proof way to stop the dog from tangling in the line, I would suggest being out the with the dog at all times! You could also do the whole "laundry line" thing where you buy the cable and tie it to two trees and then another one attaches to that cord and attaches to the dog so the line is above the dog and prevents tangling but you still need to supervise the dog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts