German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am brand new here, although I have been lurking the past couple of weeks because this sure seems to be one of the best GSD resources available. I just adopted a 8 week old pup from the Michigan humane society in Detroit. She is not a purebred, but she looks more GSD to me than most mixes I have seen. I wanted a purebred for a long time, but when I went there I just fell in love with this pup. She was so friendly and calm (but not in a timid or scared way), and seemed to take an immediate liking to me also. She was there for a little over a month and I just couldn't say no to her. Getting spayed is part of the adoption fee, so she will be having surgery Monday morning and I can pick her up Tuesday morning, I just want to fast forward to then!

Anyways, I'll post a couple of pictures I took of her while she was in her cage. If anyone has any opinions on what she might be mixed with, please let me know! Keep in mind she is a "Detroit Special", which often have pitbull, rott, etc.

ALSO, I need to pick a name still! So far I like Layla, Lola, Nina, Ellie, Sam/Samantha, Jax/Jacqueline...Since we are both German (lol) I also thought it would be cool to give her a strong German name.

All opinions appreciated!

Thanks guys,

Denny

Attachments

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
looks like pb mix (a new breed). train, train, train and socialize, socialize
and socialize. enjoy the pup. thanks for adopting.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
She's adorable! I love her ears; they are too, too cute.

·
Registered
583 Posts
She sure is a cutie pie! I always liked the name, Nina. In fact, that was one of the choices for our Mia.

Can't tell much about her in the pictures. I can see the Shepherd though. Maybe take some pictures of her now and post them. Someone may be able to give you more insight on the cross.

Welcome to the board.:)

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
She sure is cute, welcome and thanks for adopting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will definitely be posting more pics once I pic her up Tuesday morning.

Doggiedad - when you say PB, is that for Pure Bread, or Pit Bull?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Nina would be a cute name. Just the little pics you have and having worked in shelters, it looks like maybe GSD/ Pit mix. You can have a dna test done to find the possible mixes but really isnt that accurate. As long as you train and love her she will be a good dog.
So glad you adopted! I have 3 adopted dogs and they are the best!!!

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
I think doggie dad was being funny, and meant a pure-bred mix.

Hard to tell her breed mix from those pictures, but I would fall in love too! Her face certainly says "Shepherd" loud and clear. Though there is something else mixed in there for sure.

Hoping all goes well during the spay and she gets home to you soon. Take pictures of her standing and playing from different angles and post them to see if anyone can help you with identifying the mix she is. Hard to tell with puppies though - they all change so much when they grow up.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
She is very cute, and welcome! :)

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Whether she is a pit/gsd mix she is still cute. I love her eyes they are beautiful. Update us with her name when you decide and pics when you get her. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
That last picture is a real heart melter. I vote for Layla or Ellie.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
if this was a bakery forum it would be Pure Bread but since it's
a dog forum it's the other bred, Pure Bred.

I will definitely be posting more pics once I pic her up Tuesday morning.

Doggiedad - when you say PB, is that for Pure Bread, or Pit Bull?

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
she is adorable! congratulations

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
That last picture is a real heart melter. I vote for Layla or Ellie.
Agreed. What a cutie! Those ears look like they are on their way up. If so you will see the GSD more. Could be anything but I'm guessing mostly GSD.
Anyway, thanks for adopting!
:D

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
She is a beauty!!! Welcome to the forum and thanks for saving her!!!

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
What a cutie pie!

·
Registered
940 Posts
She's definitely part GSD! You can see it in her face - through the eyes :)

I'm not sure what she might be mixed with - and the other half could be a mix too so it could be hard to pinpoint.

I LOVE the names Layla and Nina - I also like Jax :)

Post more pics when she's home! I'm sure you'll know the right name after you get to spend some time with her!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
doggiedad - That's what I meant, I am not sure how "bread" came out

Thanks for the compliments everyone, I was a little worried I might get shunned out of here since she is not a pure bred GSD! I really hope those ears develop and stand all the way straight. Man, the wait is KILLING me!

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Ok, now this one is just too cute too!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts