German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why does it have to be so complicated just to enter a trial? I've spent $95 this morning and I'm not even to the trial entry yet (and the dog was already fully registered AKC, 4-gen pedigree, and had a scorebook....those things already costing probably $100).

Why do I have more paperwork on one dog than the last three year's tax returns combined?

I kinda sucks the fun out of it. Now I'm not sure I can afford to enter the trial, surely not everything I'd planned to enter. Why can't we just train our dogs and enter trials when we see fit?

:crazy:

· Registered
17,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm trying to get in an SDA trial and they told me I had to register for their organization (in addition to AKC, UKC, WDA... already registered). I have a scorebook with the BH in it (SV judge) but they said it has to be the AWDF scorebook, so that is $60 for membership plus $10 for the book even thought I'm technically banned from signing up(??) but can't request a scorebook without being a member? I'm trying to do the electronic forms and registration so I don't have to wait for the mail but every address on the forms bounces back undeliverable so I will try to fax it instead. Oh and now I need a vet to verify the tattoo even though I already did that so we have to make a trip to the vet.

At this point I'll probably just enter the trial without a scorebook. I just want to be in the trial, I don't really care if the titles are official or who's expensive piece of paper they're written down on. Previously I did the same with my other dog and she never had to have a scorebook or even separate registrations or a tattoo. But now I guess everyone requires you to pay for basically the same things. Also I got three different answers from three different people about what was required to enter (one person said all I need is UKC reg. so now I'm scrambling b/c apparently that's not true anymore). I'm hopelessly confused.

The entry fees will be $115 if I do all three phases.

· Registered
17,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand! Just the enrty fee for last weekend for two dogs was $261. That seems like a lot. That doesn't include gas and incidental expenses.
:shocked:

Maybe I need a third job to finance entry fees! I already have a second job to finance training, lol.

· Registered
17,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah Dan was the one that said all I needed was UKC (which we have b/c I show there). Then he said someone else will contact me about entering and she said I needed the AWDF scorebook (which requires USA membership, which requires another tattoo verification and cancelling WDA, etc).

I like what you are saying. I guess I don't care if the titles are in the book or not, the only thing that would matter to me is not having to repeat them just b/c they are not in a book.

I get so confused by all this stuff!! LOL I can train the dog and prepare for the trial but it's the paperwork and procedural stuff that makes my head spin!

I did the SDA payment thing which I was fine with, supporting the organization. I think that went through instantly (well there was a glitch but someone e-mailed me before I even noticed) because I saw Nikon on their list right away.

But, I probably still need a new scorebook anyway if I do USA SchH trial in the spring? So, I might still try to get in all the papers but I won't have to rush.

· Registered
17,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uh huh...well rorie and I are off to chase the squirrels
Hey, you could make a title for that but first require one to be a member of three different organizations and have two pedigrees and two scorebooks and have multiple vets check the ear tattoo which is clearly readable by anyone with eyeballs!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.