German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1 Year old gsd Who jumps fence constantly, We’ve done everything, We’ve put him on a long leash With a leather collar and still managed to break it, We Have Bought And Chain Linked Fence With a Tarp And Still Escaped That... Our Fence Is connected To our Back Yard Porch, He Jumps The Wooden Railing And Escapes

I’ve Been at the Hospital Lately, But I Go Back Home To check On Him, We Take Him On Walks Or To Our Nearest Park. But Once He Runs From Home He Ends Up At The Park Or At Our Familys House

We Had a Friend who toke Him To his House for a Month And Was Terrified He Growled He Barked, Hes Not Great With People He doesn’t Know, If Your Asking Why I’ve Been at a the Hospital, My Mother Has The Placenta Priva And We Have To Wait Until Her Surgery..

We Need Advice, Should i Buy Electric Wires And Hang Them On the Wooden Railing, A bigger chain Linked Fence?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I have used the 10x10' six foot tall ones from Tractor Supply or Home Depot, about $200. Set it on cement in the shade and wire over the top with a dog house in there. Another option is home made coyote rollers along the top of the fence. Google it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It seems he’s restless. Maybe it would be best if he gets some exercise thus not feel the need to escape to get his runs. Perhaps hire a dog walker to take him to long runs and tie him back in your yard after. If he’s tired he might not feel the need to leave the yard to get his exercise.

·
Registered
7,684 Posts
Max kept jumping our fence when a pup. We attatched a deer fence to our existing fence and had no issues since. It does not look bad either. I would not leave him loose in the yard unattended all day with a Houdini-if that arrangement is necessary - a kennel would be best for that as mentioned. He will find out he can also go under the fence and not over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts