German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Shadow, like any other high spirited GSD puppy was a serious jumper, especially where my husband is concerned. Now, when my husband comes home he completely ignores the dog while he puts his computer and clothes away, and takes care of any other chores he needs to. Finally, he will sit down in his chair and invite Shadow for a cuddle.

In the beginning, Shadow was all over him, mouthing and jumping. It took a while but eventually we began to notice Shadow was sitting on the floor waiting to be noticed. He will follow my husband around the place and sit, relatively quietly, in each place where my husband stops. When my husband finally sits down to invite Shadow for a cuddle, Shadow is one very happy but contained puppy.

Meanwhile, I have taught Shadow the 'off' command, but that's more for when I want him to get off the bed or the couch. The ignoring method does work. It just takes time. It is not a quick fix but it's a good one.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.