German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. So I have a question about my 5 month old puppy. Whenever you sit on the couch and say your putting your shoes or socks on and your sitting on the edge of the couch my pup will come up behind you jump on your back to hang out and start trying to bite your ears/hair. Me and my fiance both give her stearn NO and we are very consistant with it but she still keeps doing it. Any ideas of what may help. Same goes for if you lay on the ground to clean up anything under the couch. She jumps on your back and bites ears and hair. Any advice would be very helpful. Thanks! :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,914 Posts
I'm all about redirection! You might want to always have a toy handy to toss or shove at them when you are getting ready to put your shoes on, etc. I know it's a pain to remember to have a toy with you all the time, lol, but it might be worth a try in your situation.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I'm all about redirection! You might want to always have a toy handy to toss or shove at them when you are getting ready to put your shoes on, etc. I know it's a pain to remember to have a toy with you all the time, lol, but it might be worth a try in your situation.
:thumbup: Absolutely, give the dog something else to do that's appropriate rather then jumping. Keep rewards (toys or food) on you at all times to reward the good behaviour as soon as it happens so she learns what she gets rewarded for and what gets her ignored

1 - 3 of 3 Posts