German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took alittle walk down the alley. I had her on a really long cotton line so i can catch her in case she goes too far. She did well by sticking close. She ran back to one end of the alley road and all the way back to me. I think it's safe to say she ran a mile on her own I did not push her or anything. She just ran. I threw some chuck it around for her. We ended up going back home and about half a mile before we arrived home she carried her toy in her mouth the rest of the way. I didn't teach her to do it, she just did it! I think that will be part of her new thing then, carry a toy on our way back home, she looked so proud doing it. Maybe one day i'll have her carry a small water bottle or even a light weight dumbbell. If that's what she enjoys why stop it? :). I so wish i had my camera with me so i could have video taped it. When she does something really good i don't have my camera with me lol.

Anyone else's dogs do this? do you have them carry a toy home? :).

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Cash loves to carry things. He loves it so much I taught him to carry the newspaper in every morning. Makes the neighbors sooooooo jealous.
We've also trained him to help carry things and to take things from Mom to Dad and back.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Rafi's job is to carry his toy on walks. It doesn't matter if the walk is 20 minutes or 4 hours, he carries his toy. Anyone who's met him can vouch for how well he does his job.

Here he is doing his job.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Remo will carry his Frisbee all weekend.

As a matter of fact, if we are doing off-leash heeling, and he does not have his Frisbee to carry, he tends to want to nip me in the rear end. Needless to say, I usually make sure he has a Frisbee to carry!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally Posted By: RemoRemo will carry his Frisbee all weekend.

As a matter of fact, if we are doing off-leash heeling, and he does not have his Frisbee to carry, he tends to want to nip me in the rear end. Needless to say, I usually make sure he has a Frisbee to carry!
i just had a mental image

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
my dog likes carrying a package from the
car to the house. he also takes the mail from the
mail person and brings it to us.

when we're out playing retrieving games
my dog will carry whatever toy i'm throwing
back to the car. i can give my dog things and tell
him to go to my GF and he'll take them to her.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Haha I just had to add this one of Kiesha. Both of my dogs will carry sticks for miles on hikes with me. One day this summer, Kiesha took it to the extreme, she carried this log for a whole mile and only dropped it when we had to climb some steep rocks. (She then descended back down to grab it and drag it up with her, but lost interest at the top) We have been at the beach back in MI and both of them will carry a 6-8ft log, each carrying one side for as long as we walk. They are hilarious.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Originally Posted By: RemoRemo will carry his Frisbee all weekend.

Rafi loves goosing me with his ball. He bumps me in the butt and then takes off so that I'll chase him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts