German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With her having EPI I did a partial grind on her food just so her enzymes will stick on the food better for awhile. Well i decided to do a whole kibble instead of a grind to see how well she does. She did good next couple of days until today!. This morning i saw drops of blood on the floor. i checked her mouth to see maybe they were raw in case i didn't put enough water in the kibble. I dont see anything. For dinner i gave her whole kibble with water again, i wanted to see how she's eating so i'm watching and i notice how she tries to re grab her kibble in her mouth and i think she ended up biting her own tongue. I checked her mouth immediately when she walked away from her food bowl and sure enough there's some blood on her tongue. So i fed her by hand so she can finish up her meal :rolleyes:. I have never had a dog that bit it's own tongue!. Looks like i'll be doing the partial grind again, is it possible that she forgot how to eat a wet kibble?.

The tongue is fine in case you're wondering. What an oaf, had me worried :eek:.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Ouch!! Poor baby... ok, sometimes I secretly wish Max would bite his own tongue while biting every extremity in reach. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts