German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We did a lot of training this week in public. Mainly just practicing everything around people in public. We also started training with a trainer her truly knows her stuff and so we are now taking her advice on training especially in terms of being in public (even if it is a "pet" friendly place).

Anyway she now knows...
"Wait"
"Sit"
"Down"
"Here"
"Ok" - release
"Up" (used to get her on the bed/couch/in truck)
"Lap" (head on lap / used in the truck to get her out of dads seat)
"Paws Up" (Front paws on what Ive pointed at) [we need a lot of practice with this one - we have been working on other commands instead]
"Leave It"
"Eyes" (give me your attention)
"Get It" (pick up what I point at -- she needs more practice with this, especially the release of what ive pointed at lol)
She knows how to heel (Lets go), to sit when I stop to look at something, to lay down if I stay still longer than 30 seconds to a minute, to walk on or off leash.

For the next video I am going to see if hubby will video Jordan and I getting in and out of the truck. : )

Anyway here it is : )
Thanks for looking as always!

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am working very hard at only saying sit ...our trainer said if I couldnt get it not to stress out over it since Jordan knows what to do and since we are using a diff. hand movement for sit up vs reg sit. I have a hard time remembering new commands.... if Jordan had a handler that had a quicker midn shed be learning even more commands than she is already! :p Anyway thanks for the tip and I am working on it : ) but for now I tend to say sit up 98 percent of the time (oops).

The videos are normally taken by my husband - he says he is practicing for 2 legged kids lol. I figure it is easier to keep all her videos and pictures archived by making a video each week for the first bit of time and then as she learns things and everything isnt so new taper the videos off to once a month :)

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea that makes sense... once again though it is very hard for me to remember new things. A lot of times stuff is written on sticky notes all over the place I am trying to figure out a way to remind myself to not say sit up and just say sit; same with the hand signal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.