German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brie is a pretty girl that has quite obviously had a tough time in her recent past. She is nothing more than skin and bones and is hoping that her luck will change and a great family will come and adopt her on Aug 6th when she's available. All animals adopted from Clayton Co Animal Control must be spayed or neutered within 30 days of adoption. A low cost spay/neuter certificate will be issued at the time of adoption.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Kathyb, when we rescued Buddy we took him to the vet the next morning and the vet would not neuter him because he was so underweight. We have had him since mid May and he is ready now to be neutered. What will happen with this girl? If the county wants the fixing done within 30 days she will need to put alot of weight on during that short a timeframe. I just wondered if you or anyone would know.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the dog is not healthy enough you can send in vet paperwork stating that and can be done when it is safe.

·
Registered
4,972 Posts
bump for this girl! does anyone have the contact info for the shelter in case someone can help?

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Clayton Co. Police Dept. Animal Control Unit
1396 Government Circle
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Phone: 770-477-3684
Fax: 770-603-4199
Email:
I also have a person who can pull and board for $7 a day.

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Kathy...I hear there are two others there...but no pics or info...

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
A volunteer for Clayton Co. Humane Society might pull for a rescue. PM myamom, or mollym of Southern Cross GSD Rescue if you can help. Please hurry..this girl can die by heartstick any day.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Originally Posted By: wsumner26A volunteer for Clayton Co. Humane Society might pull for a rescue. PM myamom, or mollym of Southern Cross GSD Rescue if you can help. Please hurry..this girl can die by heartstick any day.

Urgent --- they use " HEARTSTICK "

·
Registered
506 Posts

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I can donate to an approved rescue to help with her expenses.

Please send me a PM if help is needed.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts