German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
We own 2 dogs, a GSD cross (4 yrs) and a Belgium Shep cross (5 yrs). Our Belgium shep has a partially torn cruciate and our physio has advised we start him on a joint supplement while he rehabs and has warned us that this is going to be degenerative. We are at the early stages of his recovery.
I am looking for supplement suggestions with scientific evidence behind them. Does anyone have any suggestions either of supplements or where I can get some data? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
I have a friend who is using this product, and I’ve just started one of my dogs on it.

if you scroll down in the following link, you can see information on who developed the product.

There is also an interview that Larry Krohn has with Dr. Iyer

·
Registered
2,713 Posts

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Ask the rehab vet about whether Adequan might help. It’s an RX injection that preserves cartilage with a strong anti-inflammatory effect in about half the dogs who get it. It was developed for race horses and has been used in dogs in vet med for decades. It will be far more effective than supplements, if it is indicated for your dog’s injury.

Also, Nutramax makes Dasuquin Advanced that can only be purchased from vets. It is a nice combo of ingredients, and they post their clinical studies on their patented forms of some ingredients on their website.

·
Registered
741 Posts
You can get Dasuquin quite easily here. We also have yumuve that is backed up by scientific research.

Protexin manufactures dasuquin here in the UK.

I use dasuquin advance and Rumalaya Forte, it's an ayurvedic medicine full of natural ingredients that are good for the joints, to reduce pain and swelling. The tablets are very cheap so it is very affordable. They are for humans but a lot of owners give 1 tablet daily to their dogs, look up the ingredients.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts