German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how these doses look and if there's anything else I should add as Mikko is getting older and is stiff sometimes. He'll be 6 next month and we compete in agility, so with that demand on is body, I'm trying to make sure he stays healthy.

Currently:
Glucosamine(1000mg)/Chondroitin/MSM supplment (Proprietary Blend of Chon and MSM 1000mg)

Omega-3Flaxseed (linseed) oil (450mg O-3, 110mg O-6, 110mg O-9)

Exter-C 1000mg

Thinking of adding Hyaluronic Acid?

We get everything pretty cheaply between Puritan's Pride and Swanson's, but is there a decent supplement that has all of these things (or more) for a good price.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does this look good?
NEW! Overby Farm Hip Flex Joint Level 3 - Advanced (90 tablets)
Will 2 pills/day provide enough Vitamin C?

Active Ingredients:
Glucosamine HCL (Shellfish source)........................550 mg
Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)..................................450 mg
Tart Cherry and Dark Berry Proprietary Blend..........250 mg
Chondroitin Sulfate (Bovine Source)........................100 mg
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C).......................................50 mg
Hyaluronic Acid......................................................................................5 mg
Linolenic Acid Omega 3 (Flaxseed).............................................12000 mcg
Linoleic Acid Omega 6 (Flaxseed).................................................2600 mcg
dl-Alpha Tocopheryl (Vitamin E).............................................................5 IU

Inactive Ingredients:
Citric Acid, Dicalcium Phosphate, Malt, Maltodextrins, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Natural Flavoring, Rosemary Extract, Silica Aerogel and Stearic Acid.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
That one looks good to me. But I've been watching this thread hoping to learn something myself :)

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
I am watching to learn also. I have Abby on Newpro but at half the recommended dose.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Sorry no experience with that.
The vet that I am going to now specializes in orthopedics, she swears by Dasuquin. So I have my 2 seniors on it now along with glucosamine/chondroitin/msm from Puritans Pride.
I just started Kiya on a ester c suppliement which is supposed to be good for arthritis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts