German Shepherds Forum banner

Join me in a toast to my dog

3K views 27 replies 24 participants last post by  umzilla 
#1 ·
My Fritz has been awarded a Performance Award of Merit from the GSDCA. He was bred in IL and has been with us since he was 7 weeks old. Here are some pictures from our journey......

Our BH traffic test under Karl Krug.

SchH deep nose tracking

Proofing the SchH3 retrieve - by some corn

Protection work in a snowstorm

First leg of RN

Another leg

RN complete

TD - working the last leg

With the judges and wonderful tracklayer!

We also compete in other protection sports. Fritz is titled in the Service Dog of America/UKC Dog Sport program. Here are some obedience and protection photos from trials both last year and this year.
Police Dog 1 heeling.

Heeling with obstacles - shown from several trials (the dog must stay at heel position over an A frame, and then over three 1 meter jumps)

some SDA/UKC trial protection photos, courtesy Carole Field

(For more info on the SDA/UKC protection program, visit http://www.servicedogsofamerica.com)

And here are some more photos from our other activities.....
Personal protection tournament - obedience. There were actually decoys running around the field, sirens blaring, and there was no pre-set routine, you learned it when you showed up at the event. This photo shows a down with recall - the handler had to crawl under wires (and if you bumped the wires, the metal hoops would move in on you......), and then once you reached the other side, your dog had to recall, also crawling under the wires. This was the most unorthodox obedience routine I have ever seen, but definitely the most fun! See the A frame in the background? The handler had to go over it as well......

Some civil work - the black and white shirts were mandatory for everyone......we were all so thrilled......

Now would be a good time to interject a Fritz and kids photo
Yes, I am right there.....

Fritz in the conformation ring - shown here at 18 months.

Fritz meeting some sheep

Having fun with agility

Currently working on his TDX and VST

It's been a wonderful journey - I'm lucky to have such a super dog and supportive family!

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats Fritz & Christine!!
You do so much with your dogs it amazes me!! Great inspiration for all of us.

#5 ·
I'll join in the toast!! What wonderful pics and dog!!! I love the name Fritz
Looks like you guys are having the time of your life! Congrats!!

#8 ·
Toast to you Christine and your SUPER dog!!!! what amazing stories and amazing pictures! Congratulations to both of you!!!!!!

#16 ·
Wow!! what a wonderful smart guy, and a great trainer. you look like you have so much fun together, and what a big guy he is, and beautiful. Many congrats to you both.

#18 ·
Fritz and yourself are great ambassadors to the breed and handler! Your dedication is inspiring! Cheers~ but this deserves champagne~ not beer, OK
do as the germans do!

#21 ·
THANK YOU everyone for sharing in our happiness.
I'd offer a cyber-champagne if I could!

With good health and good temperament, the sky is the limit with this breed! Believe in your dog thru the ups and downs, ENJOY every minute with your dog (because they are here too short a time!), and let all the negatives roll off.

Thanks again for letting me share,
Christine

#25 ·
Your dog is EXACTLY what we need more of in the breeding pool. Heavily titled (and earning them), a family dog, a house dog, a smart dog, a conformationally beautiful dog, this is a true GSD in every sense of the name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.