German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a heart-warming photo, from the news, in San Jose, CA.

A Nativity Scene was erected in a church yard. During the night, the folks came across this scene.

An abandoned dog was looking for a comfortable, protected place to sleep. He chose baby Jesus as his comfort. No one had the heart to send him away - so he was there all night.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Reduced 7%​

534 x 383 (34.7K)​

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
So sweet, I hope the poor boy finds a good home.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Had this emailed to me awhile back, thought was touching....:eek:

·
Super Moderator
32,748 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Animals are always around nativity scenes, maybe not in the bed, but how could anyone complain about that sweet pup. Guess he'll grow up to be a lap dog.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
That is soo cute.

I hope someone brings him home and gives him a nice warm bed to snuggle in! I know I would!

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I saw this photo earlier in the year, when Hondo was a pup. I thought to myself, if that was Hondo, he would have pushed baby Jesus out of his bed and took up residency on his own. I don't suspect anyone would have thought it was as cute as a pup sharing the bed with baby Jesus.

·
Registered
1 Posts
no dogs in heaven ?????????

what's unbelievable is that there are people who actually animals have no souls ....that they won't be in heaven ! how absurb !
seams this picture says it all ....they have more sense than most of us...
he knew where to go for comfort !

Here is a heart-warming photo, from the news, in San Jose, CA.

A Nativity Scene was erected in a church yard. During the night, the folks came across this scene.

An abandoned dog was looking for a comfortable, protected place to sleep. He chose baby Jesus as his comfort. No one had the heart to send him away - so he was there all night.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Reduced 7%​

534 x 383 (34.7K)​

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
No one had the heart to send him away - so he was there all night.
Hmmm... I hope someone had the heart to take him in.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Awww, what an adorable picture! Hope the pup found a loving home after this!

what's unbelievable is that there are people who actually animals have no souls ....that they won't be in heaven ! !
If there are no dogs in heaven, I ain't going there!

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
This is at least 3 years old.
Regarding dogs in heaven, I asked a priest and he said no, they need to have souls to get to heaven.
Glad I don't belong to that religion. It wouldn't be heaven without a dog.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Glad I don't belong to that religion.
I wasn't aware that a single priest can speak for an entire religion. But in any event, it's so nice that during a heartwarming Christmas thread we can take swipes at other people's religion. It's so in the spirit of Christmas and makes the thread that much more heartwarming. :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I wasn't aware that a single priest can speak for an entire religion. But in any event, it's so nice that during a heartwarming Christmas thread we can take swipes at other people's religion. It's so in the spirit of Christmas and makes the thread that much more heartwarming. :rolleyes2:
Goodness. I don't think PaddyD was taking swipes at Christianity by stating her stance on it. Let's not perpetuate the exact same dissidence that your trying to avoid...

And back to the regularly scheduled program- Cute pup! Cute scene! Let's keep it on topic.

·
Registered
97 Posts
This is at least 3 years old.
Regarding dogs in heaven, I asked a priest and he said no, they need to have souls to get to heaven.
Glad I don't belong to that religion. It wouldn't be heaven without a dog.
Yea? and how does the priest knows this? Did he die? Did he go to heaven? How does he know? What a load of bull.

·
Registered
115 Posts
This is very cute - my sister in law sent it to me last week. In our case, the pup would be happily gnawing on baby Jesus's hands, though. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts