German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night DH came running into my room where I sat doing bills. He said he'd just gone to put the dogs out and the sunroom door which comes into the inside and to the basement was wide open and had been since I last had put the dogs out which had been hours and hours before because of the storms.

Her ball was at the bottom of the stairs in the basement. Muddy pawprints went all up and down the stairs and into the laundry room. She's shedding and some of her fur was lying on the floor.

She had gone down there where there are 3 huge rabbits in foster cages at the bottom of the stairs and into the other room where there are more foster rabbits from 1lb. to 12lbs. and didn't so much as brush against their cages (or her fur would have shedded on to them). Her prints showed she most likely just tossed the ball down there a couple times and went and got it and came back up. But then she left it down there for us too see that she had been down there.

None of the rabbits acted like anything had happened, they were all zoning out as they usually do at that time of day. The one who would have been the most scared one, a big New Zealand White former lab rabbit, would have still been freaked out if any dog had disturbed him but he was in his Zen meditation position with front legs stretched way out.

Jessie is not predatory! Well to the rabbits anyway. Both she and Rocky totally want to eat the parrots but I am so proud that this accident happened and could have been a bloody disaster and instead, nothing happened!

Jessie's a good girl and she's grown up! I'm so proud of her. I think eventually, I'll be able to trust her around the birds too. But I still have to make sure I lock that door because she can open it if I leave it unlocked. I don't know how she does it.

Yay Jessie!

(on an aside, she has this new thing going where we can't keep her tags on. We keep putting the ring on the buckle of her collar and every morning, her tags are on the floor of her crate or the sunroom floor???)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Good girl!

~ Mitzi was the same way with her tags, early on. I don't know how many we replaced - name tags, rabies tag, license.... then she started just picking on her name tag; that one never did get replaced, but she at least leaves the rest of them alone now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts