German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yippy we ordered tickets today for the Blue Jays Dog Day baseball game for June 29th. It is the one time a year that dogs are allowed to go to the the Skydome in Toronto to watch a professional baseball game.... great socialization area and you do a dog parade around the field before the game starts. They have set up one seating area for dogs and dog owners to watch the game.

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/tor/ticketing/dog_day.jsp

·
Registered
288 Posts
Wow Toronto sure has alot of stuff for you to do with Jesse. Which Red Deer had stuff like that. Pretty much the only place we can take him is PetSmart. We do lots of outside stuff but not alot of dogs around other than at the Off Leash. Sounds like a ton of fun.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
We took Molly to the Chicago White Sox dog days game 2 years ago and it was interesting. I was so excited to do it, but then realized when we were there, there were sooooo many dogs there that probably should not have been there. Molly was bit by a Basset Hound while we were waiting in line for the parade before the game. Bit her right in the nose and made her bleed. All Molly was doing was drinking out of her own water bowl, looked up and bam, the dog bit her in the face. I was shocked. So just be careful on who you socialize with when you are there. It is very crowded and lots of things going on in every direction, just be sure to not only keep a close eye on your dog but other people's dogs as well because some people just don't pay attention to their dogs at all when out socializing. Then you get the ones that say "my dog is friendly" as they are holding the little dog and it is barking aggressively at all the other dogs......

Once we got to our seat, we had a great time and made friends with a couple of dobbies in front of us. Take lots of pictures when you are there and be sure to post them here so we can see
have fun!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally Posted By: mollysmom Then you get the ones that say "my dog is friendly" as they are holding the little dog and it is barking aggressively at all the other dogs......
We have encountered several times with people saying "my dog is friendly and is good with other dogs" and boom when they come to Jesse they lash out with a growl and attempt bite (always has been small to medium size dogs), Jesse never retaliates. I am hoping the people going to the baseball game are the people that went to Woofstock in Toronto, because they were all great dogs with no aggression issues at all, and very well behaved including Jesse.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi Lauralie,

Where do you find out about all this stuff????? I'm going to start planning now for next year.

Hope Jesse and you have fun.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally Posted By: Shadow MumHi Lauralie,

Where do you find out about all this stuff????? I'm going to start planning now for next year.

Hope Jesse and you have fun.
Diane, I watch Pet Channel on TV a lot and that is how I found out about Woofstock and also about Blue Jays Dog Day, then searched it online. I am always on the lookout of things going on that I can take Jesse too. Also took Jesse to the outdoor jazz concert tonight and he was a good boy.

Only thing he hated and freaked out pulling was the traffic on Main Street.... so we will have to solve that problem very soon somehow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts