German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My senior Jesse (10 in September) goes under anesthesia tomorrow for some dental work at the U of FL vet school. I am a nervous wreck. His bloodwork came back okay but he is my best boy and the best companion you could have. He broke a canine chewing on a Nylabone and his molars are worn from heavy duty chewing also. Good thoughts and prayers will be appreciated. He has to be there at 7:30 and stay the entire day.
Wish my Jesse good luck and to pull through ok.
Thank you!
Robbie

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
*Fingers and paws crossed in the E house for a smooth and easy procedure*

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We just went out and did a photo shoot. You can always see the sparkle in his eyes.
[/img]
[/img]
Robbie

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Wow, he sure doesn't look his age!

~Kristin

G

·
0 Posts
Having just had my own boy under anesthesia I can readily understand how you feel. Odin came through fine. I'm sure your Jesse will too. Always a cause for concern though. Be sure to ask them to call you as soon as he wakes up. I know that phonecall sure helped me.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Originally Posted By: jes,mag,mistyMy senior Jesse (10 in September) goes under anesthesia tomorrow for some dental work at the U of FL vet school. I am a nervous wreck. His bloodwork came back okay but he is my best boy and the best companion you could have. He broke a canine chewing on a Nylabone and his molars are worn from heavy duty chewing also. Good thoughts and prayers will be appreciated. He has to be there at 7:30 and stay the entire day.
Wish my Jesse good luck and to pull through ok.
I know what you mean about being a nervous wreck about Jesse, but FWIW, when Honey was about his age, she also went up to the U of FL for dental work (fang pulled, teeth cleaned) and she did fine. I'll keep Jesse in my thoughts and prayers that everything goes well for your boy!!!

Please keep us updated on how he's doing!!!

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Robbie! I saw your posts on the other lists but I had SOOO many e-mails I deleted them all. Good luck. Jess will be fine! We have many seniors undergo anesthesia for dental work. It is very routine and you've got him at a great place. Keep us posted. I'll be looking for your e-mail when I get home from work.
Jesse

1 - 12 of 12 Posts