German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took her to the vet today, as she has been throwing up several times over the past few nights. It appears she has an enlarged spleen, and the vet has a strong suspicion that it is hemangiosarcoma. I am terrified, as this usually results in a very sudden internal hemmorage and death results soon after. The vet says that she has about 2 weeks to a month before this happens. I am not sure what to do, it seems like she is deteriorating suddenly, and she is only 9 years old. Please, keep me in your thoughts, as it appears I have a decision to make, but right now, my brain is sort of numb. **** of a way to start a weekend......

·
Registered
50 Posts
So sorry to hear about Jazzabell. It is an awful decision to have to make. You just have to remember you will do your best for her and she will always love you for it.

Thoughts with you.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I PM'ed you!!

You and Jazzabell are in my pryaers!!!

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Richard, big warm hugs to you and Jazzabel. The world's most wonderfully pampered, spoiled, loved dogs live with you in your yurt. Jazzabell is fortunate that you care so very much for her. I am sending prayers to you and to Jazzabell. Please remember to draw from the comfort of Jazzabell and the other girls for now. Sending prayers your way...

Patti and Grimm

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
This is very sad to read, is there any chance there could be another more positive diagnosis?

Hugs to you and all your girls.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I am so sorry. Hugs to you and your family. We are all here for you. Take care.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Oh Richard I am so very sorry to hear this. I'm keeping you and Jazzabel in my thoughts and prayers. Were here for you and care about you a great deal.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I'm really sorry. You and Jazzabell are in my thoughts.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
I am so sorry Richard {{hugs}}
You and Jazzabell are in my prayers. Please give her a nice head scratch and tummy rub for me.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, Jazzy is eating good tonight. She seems to be feeling OK, but she is also on some meds for nuasea. So, one day at a time, I am just going to treasure it while I can. Thanks for the good thoughts, and I will keep you updated.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Richard, I am so sorry to hear Jazzy is not well. I hope you have better news soon. Whatever the outcome, Jazzabelle found a wonderful place with you. Hugs to Jazzy.

Keeping you both in my thoughts.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
Richard, still sending prayers and good thoughts to you, Jazzabell, and all your girls. I am really wishing you ans sweetie Jazzabell the very best. Please know that you are being warmly thought of, and prayed for. (((Hugs)))
Patti and Grimm

·
Registered
80 Posts
Richard,

I am so sorry. This is never an easy decision and it never gets any easier. No matter how many dogs you have.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Richard thanks for the update, you know Jazzy and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts