German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys. Basically I joined up here like 7 or 8 months ago and posted my dogs stats and people were skeptical of his size. He's now 15 months and 115lbs and 30 inches tall. I think he might have 5-10lbs of weight to go at the least, as his ribs are still visible some days if he doesn't eat much. Definitely no where near the breed standard, he's a very big and long boy. Here's some recent pictures.

His first birthday: (I'm 5'11, 260lbs for reference)

April 2018:

May 2018:

May 2018: (Closest thing I have to a proper stack)

I 100% don't mind that he doesn't conform to the breed size standards, as everything else seems to be fine and his health is good. Just wanted to post an update.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Those are great pics! Love the one in the tube especially.

Were his sire and dam oversized? Mine is above standard for sure, his parents are not. So, just curious. I just focus on keeping him lean and fit, I do joint supplements and am waiting until at least 15 months for jumping/strenuous exercise..just to take extra care. He is 27.5 inches and 90 lbs at 12 months. I'm thinking he is done, except maybe for 5 to 10 lbs of filling out in his 2nd year.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are great pics! Love the one in the tube especially.

Were his sire and dam oversized? Mine is above standard for sure, his parents are not. So, just curious. I just focus on keeping him lean and fit, I do joint supplements and am waiting until at least 15 months for jumping/strenuous exercise..just to take extra care. He is 27.5 inches and 90 lbs at 12 months. I'm thinking he is done, except maybe for 5 to 10 lbs of filling out in his 2nd year.
I've actually never met them or the breeders. I got him with papers off craigslist. From what I've seen on the breeders facebook page, he's much larger than any of his relatives. He was severely underweight, around 35-40lbs at 6 months when I got him. He kinda just exploded over night. I let him graze on his food too. He eats when he's hungry, which isn't even often. I put like 10 cups of food in his bowl, and my other dogs bowl and they eat that over the course of 2-3 days. I've got no idea how he's maintaining his size with his eating habits tbh.

·
Registered
942 Posts
The vet told me Rollo would be about that size but I really doubt it. Rollo is 7 months and about 70 lbs. I’m keeping him lean as possible now cause of his large size on his joints. Jax is a handsome boy. Here is Rollo

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts