German Shepherds Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
One of these days when Jamie grows up she is going to be soooo embarrassed that she was scared of a 15'ish lb poodle mix:cautious:
The universe really wants her to learn this lesson. We went for a walk in the field yesterday and some houses back onto it...and in one of the backyards...you guessed it ...barky small dog.
Then today we drove to the pet store...car pulls into lot beside us...yep, barky yorkie mix !

·
Registered
6,773 Posts
She is so cute! That pipe is a good toy for now, but before she gets big enough to get stuck inside, I would cap off the ends and use it with other objects to make a Stonnie “short course.” I would love to have things like that to use with my dogs.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Old ones are okay ? lmao
So you have to drive around rural areas hunting for "vintage garbage can" stores ?
Lol! Neighbors got new garbage cans a bit ago. First time they put them out Shadow froze in the middle of the street and wouldn't move. We had to stand there while she worked through it. Eventually she decided since I wouldn't let her bolt we better go say hi.
And don't even get me started on the blow up Rudolph across the street!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Lol! Neighbors got new garbage cans a bit ago. First time they put them out Shadow froze in the middle of the street and wouldn't move. We had to stand there while she worked through it. Eventually she decided since I wouldn't let her bolt we better go say hi.
And don't even get me started on the blow up Rudolph across the street!
I can't blame her...blow up Rudolph is just creepy dude !
Good for her being brave and befriending the cans !

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
So Jamie's latest trick has been throwing around her water dish when it's half full...so thinking I would outsmart her I put her water in the super heavy huge ceramic insert from my crock pot. No way she can pick that up right ? She still outsmarted me because .....now it's a kiddie pool.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
The water dish phase! So much fun. What girl doesn't want an indoor pool?
Thank you so much. So glad my water bowl tribulations bring you amusement.;) lol
I have two choices:
1. install a drain in the kitchen floor
2. put out dipping sauce size tiny bowls of water 38 times per day
Hmmm ...what to do ?

·
Registered
7,459 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
😂 she is so cute. What an intelligent expression! Have you guys gone to Home Depot?
That's a joke right ??
Sorry. You would have had to have read the other thread. The short answer is no not again.
The longer answer is from now on I do things according to what she is showing me she is ready to do. All I succeeded in doing was making her frightened of going into stores.
Now I have to take a few steps back and I have my work cut out for me. She got out of the car at the pet store today but when I picked her up to approach the store she started trembling. Back in the car she was put immediately. I am not pushing her. Especially right now when everything/everyone in regards to shopping has stressed out covid vibe.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
It wasn’t intended to be. I was curious if you had tried going back. I don’t keep sharp tabs on every storyline on here.
Sorry. Not your fault. Just fed up that Home Depot seems to be the gold standard test of nerves for a young puppy.
I am also very upset with myself because I really think if I had just let her grow up some and gain some confidence stores would have been a non issue.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sorry. Not your fault. Just fed up that Home Depot seems to be the gold standard test of nerves for a young puppy.
I am also very upset with myself because I really think if I had just let her grow up some and gain some confidence stores would have been a non issue.
Not my gold standard FWIW, just genuinely want you both to succeed and I remember your post creating quite a bit of discussion. :) She looks and sounds lovely, I’m sure it will be just a stepping stone on a great journey.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts