German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
That's the way we were with Rogan last year. They're not old enough to know this isn't their normal and love snuffling around in it. What's fun for them here is the tracks left behind overnight.

Mr Fox, Mrs Coyote and Ms rabbit can't hide their visits any more ;)

Jamie will have a blast!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Silly question maybe but I really don't remember with Egan or Visa ...is it normal for her to have a knobby knee joint in front legs just above the pastern ? She's not down on them ... just the joint sticks out some. Probably normal growth but thought I would ask.
I think I'm feeding a bit much also...she's kind of a butterball !

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Yep- normal. It's prominence can be used to loosely judge how much growing they've got left to do. They're gone by full maturity, which is probably why it looks kind of out of place.

Reactions: EgansMom

·
Super Moderator
4,979 Posts
The knobs are totally normal. She's a cutie!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But wait there's more....
For a second I thought she might shovel for me...
IMG_2632.JPG

but nope just a taste test

The previous tenants left behind that blue pipe thingy(?) in the background so I hauled it to the middle of the yard to see what she could do with it . Now when we go out she offers up "pipe crawling" on her own to get treats. Smarty pants !

"nuffin like a hotub cause I'mma pooped after eatin twigs, chasin' leaves n' bitin' moms ankles"

·
Registered
Hi, it’s Andre
577 Posts
She is very pretty and I can not wait to see her as she grows!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've been getting creative. I didn't realize how much fun junk there was in the yard. Like this metal panel from my gazebo. Do I see some agility in her future ? lol, She loves going up/on/over/under/through things.
Disclaimer: yes I'm careful and everything is low

·
Super Moderator
4,979 Posts
My obstacle course was built entirely out of free stuff

Reactions: EgansMom

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Putting that grate on something at each end and making an exit ramp will help with your pup's confidence by gradually increasing the height. There are all kinds of obstacles that can help with confidence at home like sitting in/on random objects, going through/under tunnel like spaces. Exposure/strange noises to loud noises, etc.

·
Super Moderator
4,979 Posts
1 - 20 of 91 Posts