German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 302 Posts

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with my vet, and Jake's surgery has been moved up to tomorrow morning.
He has a lump on the side of his face, actually on the lip, where the top and bottom lip connect. It has started to grow really fast in the last 2 weeks.

We are both scared to death about the outcome. He is 9 and half years old.

Please send positive thoughts Jakes' way.

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
he is in good health for them to do the surgery, thats a good thing. stay positive... i will most difinitely keep your jake in my thoughts and prayers for a good surgery, a quick recovery and a negative result!

hugs to you tammy and your sweet jake and doggie kisses from forrest.

·
Registered
16,424 Posts
Well wishes for good news!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Am keeping sweet Jake in my thoughts!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Good luck and best wishes to you and Jake. Baron sends good wishes and sloppy kisses. Hope everything comes out good.

Jackie

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
All fingers and paws crossed everything turns out well! Keep us updated!

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Sending prayers to your fur baby *Jake*

Wish him luck & so hope the outcome is good.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks you guys.

Jake is at the vets now. Poor boy acted like he was starving this morning. He didn't understand why he couldn't eat breakfast, or have any water.
He has acid reflux, and normally if he doesn't eat at a certain time he will vomit. He made it through the morning without vomiting though.

I will update when he comes out of surgery.
Please keep the good vibes coming.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My husband is the one that dropped Jake off this morning. He just called me a little bit ago from work. Poor Jake also has an abscessed tooth that needs pulled also.
Then the vet reminded my husband that he isn't sure, at this point, but there will be a possibility of them hitting a nerve during surgery, because of where the lump is.

Like I wasn't a nervous wreck already? I really don't think I needed to hear that.:(

·
Registered
641 Posts
Will be waiting with you. All the best of luck - sounds like Jake's a neat pup.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
How nerve wracking - warm thoughts and prayers for you and Jake!!!

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hate waiting. Darn, I wish the doc would call.
My house don't look right with just Aussies, well I have Jarie, but she acts more like an Aussie.

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He is home!! The vet said it was a clean cut. We won't have results until Wednesday. He had the abscessed tooth removed also. I feel so bad about the tooth. I didn't even know. The vet said he had to have been in a lot of pain, because the abscess was BAD!! My poor boy was hurting, and I didn't even know. So, came home with a boy, in less pain, a bag full of meds, and $800.00 less in the bank.
But, my boy is back.
Just have to wait now for the results of the lump.

Here are a couple of pics. He is sooo sad!!!

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, I forgot, the vet kept telling me not to be alarmed, but by tomorrow his face is going to be very swollen.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Tammy, When my male had his nueter surgery the Vet told me to put ice packs on three or four times a day, for about 20 mins. You can use a bag of frozen peas or smaller ice cubes. Applying Ice Packs helps keep the swelling down and the dog more comfortable.

Val

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Val,
The vet didn't mention that, so I will. I hadn't thought about it. But he has only been home for less than an hour.

1 - 20 of 302 Posts