German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I could blink Jake ripped the tag sewn in on his tug.....it's a bit bigger then a stamp but plastic. He will pass it right?

GEEEZZZZ!

·
Registered
104 Posts
She should. Kali ate one of my gym socks (low cut kind) when she was about 4 months old!!! Some how she got into the hamper. I didn't realize she even ate until she pooped it out!

Yikes!!!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Max can't stand a tag on anything---will rip it off immediately! I wouldn't worry about something that small if it is soft/no sharp edges. We have learned to remove tags from everything (including throw rugs/mats)!

·
Registered
906 Posts
I tell ya...you gotta have 10 sets of eyeballs lol! Im sure he will be ok :) Could you only imagine what they eat when we aren't looking!

·
Super Moderator
32,394 Posts
Tags? Aren't those supposed to be immediately pulled off toys and swallowed? That's what my dogs think anyway, they do it ALL the time! Shouldn't be a problem. :)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He grabbed the thing out of my hand....ripped the tag off and then brought it back to me! He had the tag in his belly with in 2 seconds flat. I forgot the little tag was on there because I just bought a second one to try to "fetch".

·
Registered
682 Posts
Did you ever see the show "My dog ate what"? This one little dog ate a pair of thong undies.....twice!!!! The first time the dog passed it but the second pair I think she had to get operated on. Then there was a Mastif that ate 3 tennis balls, just swallowed them lol crazy show.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My little guy, Luke, always chews tags off blankets, towels, etc. Luckily he spits them out.

·
Registered
330 Posts
What they are made for! Lol with mine it's the eyeballs of any stuffed animal. Sometimes the nose.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Normally he would spit it out but he was so excited to see the tug he ate it......do they ever grow out of it?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think it depends on the dog. Mine is almost three and he still does it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts